1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Determined gate position

Discussion in 'Tools programming' started by duholm, 6/11/08.

1. duholm

duholm

denmark
    Hi All

I have a problem I hope someone can help me with. I am trying to build an application that can determind when my plane is parked at the gate.

At the moment I have to turn off my engines in order for my program to detect that I am at the gate. However I would like to find the gate by comparing the position of my ATC assigned gate and compare it to my planes position.

So far I have no problem determining the planes position (I use fsuipc), but I don't know how to determined 1. the assigned gate and 2 the position of the gate.

Does anybody know how to solve this. I would appreciate the help :).

Regards
    Bo
  2. scruffyduck

scruffyduck Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

wales
    Hi Bo

I answered your email but I am pleased you asked here. I wonder if you can use Brakes on to determine the end of your flight. That is the normal way that airlines do it for block time as I recall. Does not actually check that you are on a gate but you would not normally put the parking brakes on until the plane is parked. Alternatively how about engine shut down?