• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Did you use Tapatalk?

Do you want to use Tapatalk to browse the forum?

• No, I don't know what it is

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • No, I don't need it to browse the forum mobile

Votes: 16 66.7%
  • Maybe, but I can live without it

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Yes, I would like to see Tapatalk back

Votes: 4 16.7%

• Total voters

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Before we upgraded the forum software we had the Tapatalk plugin installed, so that you can use the Tapatalk app to browse the forum. At the moment Tapatalk is not yet compatible with this version of the forum software, so we removed the plugin during the upgrade. We might add it back when Tapatalk support for this version is added. But to help in making that decision we would like to know how many of you are using the plugin. So please answer the poll in this thread.

Tapatalk allows me to easily access FSDeveloper, MAIW, AIG, NZFF, REX, AVSim, Flightsim etc. easily from within one interface. I do appreciate that a lot and would be extremely happy if you could bing it back.

I do use it a lot if I'm travelling, and it is my 'go to' time-waster when I'm sitting in waiting rooms... but I could really live without it for FSDeveloper, I only really need help or info if I'm sitting at my PC. So although I voted 'maybe', my real vote is somewhere between 'maybe....' and 'Yes.'

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
I also used Tapatalk a lot to read and reply on the forum when I was not behind my pc. But I must say I'm impressed with the mobile version of the forum software now. It just works without an app.

And for me as administrator another advantage is that I have access to the moderation and admin functions from my phone as well, Tapatalk didn't have that.

But if many people like to use it, we can consider to add it back once a stable version is there for the forum software. Although I want it to be less intrusive than the old version, since the forum works well on mobile natively.

Momentary I have big Problems without tapatalk with my IPhone. Everytime I have to write my username and my password, nevertheless I Click on „stay logged in“. It is now Not easy without my tapatalk and my PC