1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FSX Disabling Crash Detection in FSX custom user objects

Discussion in 'Airport Design Editor' started by John Young, 30/7/09.

1. John Young

John Young

unitedkingdom
    Just wanted to confirm one way or the other please, whether disabling crash detection in the properties window of a placed FSX custom model actually is a working feature in version 1.40.09? A check box sits between “Do not suppress Autogen and "Do not Cause Aircraft crash" but I am not sure if one tick box is missing or the one box enables both functions. Either way, when I tick the box and compile the .bgl my object still causes a crash in FSX.

Thanks in anticipation,
    John
  2. scruffyduck

scruffyduck Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

wales
    Select the object, right click it and choose Show XML. If you open that then you can see if it contains the 'NoCrash' Attribute for the object you set it for.

If you have Save XML After Compile turned on then the XML is saved. Then you can check the final XML - it is in the same folder as the Bgl File. If it does then it has been compiled, if not then there is some problem with the way ADE is handling it

The question then becomes whether FSX is honoring the attribute flag.
  3. jvile

jvile

John

As per the picture you should have 2 boxes for the checkmarks. The disable crash works fine in FSX SP2.

If you cannot see 2 boxes check your windows font size and set to 96 DPI.

[​IMG]
  4. John Young

John Young

unitedkingdom
    Thanks Jim. I was actually using large fonts so the tick box was obscured. I did actually solve the problem in the end by using the Attachpoint tool in Gmax to apply a No Crash condition to the models, but the ADE facility is good to have now that you have revealed it for me.
  5. mdm248111

mdm248111

us-northcarolina
    oh...your using my KCLT!!! THANKS!!!:D:D:D (at least it looks like it)