1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Docking systems

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by arno, 26/12/04.

1. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    Here are the first screenshots of my docking system project. These screenshot show the basic version of the SafeGate docking system, which is ready now.

Other systems, like SafeDock, are also in preparation. In the end I will release a library containing them.

And besides these "simple" version I am also working on a more complex one that simulates the real system better, but that is still a bit secret, so more news about that later :D.

Attached Files:

2. pfs

pfs

austria
    Hi Arno,

may I ask in which 'language' you design them. I did both (SafeGate and SafeDock) for my PFS LOWW project. They work better than I thought they would because I did them for FS2000 and they still work in FS2004. All I had to do was recompiling them for every new FS Version. I wrote them in SCASM but without aircraft detection which is sufficient for this project. I would like to redo them but i fear that my knowledge in SCASM weakened a lot since then and I have no idea if it can be done with other means...

Here 2 pictures of my docking systems (your base textures look a lot bether though)...
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Best regards,
  3. arno

netherlands
    Hi Steffen,

I made the visual model in GMax and then I tweaked the BGLC code till I had the interaction I wanted. I theory it still uses the same commands as the Fs2000 SafeGate system I made.

I am also planning a tutorial about the BGLC tweaks I use for this.
  4. jvarje

jvarje

I've made the two DGS types used in Finland, APIS and INOGON. Here's the APIS in action, all the same modes as in reality are implemented. No aircraft recognition implemented yet though, the aircraft types are hardcoded. Will have to figure out a smart way to do the recognition, as it will be used in other parts of animated scenery as well. The whole object is manually written in BGLC.

1 and 2 too far (alternating) for ranging, 3 in radar range and recognized, 4 and 5 approacing (alternating ok and ac type), 6 at gate (stop and ac type alternating).

[​IMG]
    Last edited: 28/12/04
  5. arno

netherlands
    These look very good as well Jari :).

For the aircraft recognition, I have got a rather smart way to do that almost ready. It is currently in testing, but I hope to be able to make a more complete announcement soon.
  6. Scannor

Scannor

norway
    WOW jvarje!

It`s just the same system that we use on my local airport. In fact I`m making a scenery for that airport :rolleyes:

Maby you can show me how you did it? :D

Best Regards

Scannor

flyetgeir@msn.com
  7. McFU

McFU

germany
    Hi Arno,

do have a rough guess when your SafeGate wil be ready for release ? It would be a great enhancement for my Munich Scenery (in case it is allowed to use it in freeware scneries), because this system is used on Apron1 on the real airport.
  8. arno

netherlands
    Hi,

The ActiGate module, used for some of the more advanced features, is in beta testing now. The last version seems rather stable, so I hope I can close the beta testing soon. At that time I will also release the docking systems. I have finished the models already, I am just waiting for the ActiGate model to be ready for release.
  9. McFU

McFU

germany
    Looking forward to getting it !!

But as my scenery will still take some time to be finished: DonĀ“t hurry just because of me ;)
  10. Georg Aubele

Georg Aubele

germany
    I'm also very interested, as my EDDF-scenery could be finished in about three weeks ... :rolleyes:
  11. McFU

McFU

germany
    Hi,

any news about the Docking Systems ?
  12. arno

netherlands
    Hi,

I have been a bit too busy with ObPlacer XML lately. But once I get time to finish the documentation of ActiGate it should not take too long before I can release.

I do just have too much ideas of tools to work on, so I can never finish them all at once.
  13. McFU

McFU

germany
    Hi,

did i miss the release of Safegate ?
  14. arno

netherlands
    No, but it is on my todo-list for this week (I have a week vacation), so hopefully it will be available soon.
  15. dan

dan

us-rhodeisland
    Hey Arno,

Sorry to necropost of this thread - but I was wondering - can a similar system be used with SafeGate to make animated marshallers? Just a thought. Having these in an object library would be awesome!

Thanks,

Dan
  16. arno

netherlands
    Hi Dan,

Yes, the same techniques used here to condition the display of certain parts can also be used on a marshaller. Some time ago I have already been working with Nick (nickw) to make an animated marshaller, but we have not finished that one yet. I am sure I will add it to the collection once we finish it, but I don't know how soon that will be :).
  17. dan

dan

us-rhodeisland
    Sounds cool, I can't wait! :)
  18. BrBlazer

BrBlazer

Hey people,

Getting back to design now and I am ecstatic at the hope of this module. Great work Arno. Can't wait for the release.

Best Wishes,

Blazer
  19. arno

netherlands
    Hi Blazer,

The docking systems and ActiGate module are already available. Only the marshaller is not (yet) there.