1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Drawing in FSX

Discussion in 'SimConnect' started by rhysa, 9/11/06.

1. rhysa

rhysa

australia
    This is a tool development/Simconnect topic. I've been playing with the object placer tool and when you place an object you get a box drawn around them. I'd like to know if its possible to do similar with other addons via SimConnect. Being able to draw simple lines in real time in FS would be great for other design tools.

Rhys
  2. lc0277

lc0277

france
    I'm interested too. Real-time placement, or WYSIWYG scenery design is a really cool feature. I remember how easy was the scenery editor of FS4 :rolleyes:
    Today EZ-Scenery although very feature-poor, is a very popular software because of it. I really want to have a freeware object placer that can do it :cool:
    However I haven't found anything related in the simconnect documentation. :(

If you want to draw line or polygons, you may want to use FSX-KML while running a google earth tracker, like FSXGet that shows your position into GE. The latest free version of GE allows line drawing (which was only available to GE+ subscribers before)
  3. lc0277

lc0277

france
    Concerning the object placement tool I realized that "Save Scenery" really saves a scenery XML that can be compiled using BglComp :p Really cool feature. The only downside is that we have all the useless mission GUI around, but it makes indeed a nice object placer software usable by most FS users.