1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dubai International Airport FSX

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by Joysim, 30/12/09.

1. Joysim

Joysim

unitedstates
    I am proud to announce my 1st scenery. I am creating Dubai International Airport which is located in the United Arab Emirates. This project is called Dubai 2010 which will include Dubai international airport, The Palm, The World islands , Burj Dubai, The emirates towers and many more missing skyscrapers. I am a 16 year old developer and i am new to creating an airport for Flight Simulator but not New to Photoshop, Gmax, And Flight Simulator. Currently my website http://joysim.com/ is parked but will be alive very soon.

At the moment i am using a low quality satellite ground layout for being extremely precise and accurate for building placement but that will later change.
    Last edited: 7/2/10
  2. doswedania

doswedania

belgium
    Off to a very good start there. Keep up the good work!
  3. lambo14

lambo14

us-virginia
    YES!!! OMDB! Finally... it looks great! Can't wait to see the finished product. :D
  4. JoseA

JoseA

spain
    Excellent!
    I hope we can export it to FS2004. Try to mantain compatibility if it´s possible.

I compiled the city at 4,7 m/px and part of EUA at 16 m/px. Use it if you need it. I use it in FS2004 with Dubai X(FSX) scenery and the aspect is fantastic.

http://vfrflightsimulator.blogspot.com/

[​IMG]
    Last edited: 1/1/10
  5. Joysim

Joysim

unitedstates
    Thanks JoseA but i most likely won't use that because i want to be as original as possible. But I deeply appreciate your help.

For your first question yes this scenery will be for FS2004 too.:D:D:D:D

Also here is another image of the project which shows the shell of the terminal textured.( but that texture is isn't complete it has to be perfect.)
    Last edited: 7/2/10
  6. JoseA

JoseA

spain
    Dubai is a city that has a special atractive for FS. The skycrapers, the palm islands and the terrain colour produce a beautiful landscape to fly. 3000 skycrapers and 1/3 of the construction-cranes are in Dubai.

I continue adding generic buildings and textured, seaport, houses, industries, palms, and others 3D object.

I wait your airport to complete Dubai city. Thanks for your work.
  7. Andrea80

Andrea80

italy
    @ Joysim & JoseA,

3 months ago I have released the Burj Dubai for FS2004, it is a very high detailed building, model is very accurate (I have used a lot of original technical designs to build the most accurate model) and texture are photo realistic, I can share with you the Gmax model with Texture set if you want, it is not the whole Dubai city, but one skyscraper less to build for you :)

PM me if you are interested.
    in 3 months we had more than 2600 downloads :)

just for reference, a post on DSDG site showing a couple of screens -> http://dsdg.webs.com/apps/forums/topics/show/1065909-burj-dubai

Cheers, Andrea
    Last edited: 2/1/10
  8. Josh Rice

Josh Rice

unitedkingdom
    Good Luck with the scenery!

Just don't make the same mistakes as FlyTampa and you will already have a great product!:p
  9. blancfilms

blancfilms

Great scenery, looking forward to it.

What mistakes?
  10. belal

belal

australia
    YAY!!!!!!! finally dubai airport :) when i saw your thread i decided to register to this website.First off,my thanks for considering making dubai airport the flytampa one is no way near the real dubai airport and also for making it fs2004 compatible :) hmm i was wondering are you only deigning terminal 1 and 3?? coz u didnt mention da rest of the airport the old terminal and terminal 2 and also the hangers,vehicles???? i gathered sum picz and info soo please consider making the rest of the airport too

you can use this as reference to make the dubai freezone area
    http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=6162978a8f485eadfa892d87577ca44&prevstart=0
    http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=49cfcc27506c528cdfa892d87577ca44&prevstart=0
  11. belal

belal

australia
  12. Josh Rice

Josh Rice

unitedkingdom
    As poster above has said, the Flytampa one is all wrong.

The airfield layout on flytampa had both the runways parallel next to each other the whole way down, when infact they are offligned in real world by around 1.5km, just check google maps for that. Furthermore, on the FT scenery, where stands F24 etc are, that concourse does not exist in real world. They also have the taxi layout wrong...

So its good to see somebody new developing the scenery, and hopefully they will not make those same mistakes ;)
  13. belal

belal

australia
    Not only that they got everything else wrong too from the terminals down to the tiny details and also soo many other things are missing soo please mr joy ur maybe our last hope for a quality fs2004/fsx scenery for dubai plss dont let us down like da guys at flytampa did i think its best if you get more people involved in this project 3d designers,researchers like me lol etc etc
  14. Joysim

Joysim

unitedstates
    Hi pals, First of all my name is not joy it's just the name of my new born company. Also I have known flytampa Dubai scenery for couple years. And it does look good but it has a lot of things wrong with it like terminal placement, runway placement, Even gates, etc. And I have been to Dubai airport a couple of times so I will make an exact replica not to mention I am also using satellite imagery as a ground poly for placement but not for the final product because satellite imagery usually comes in low quality.

Also I am making the whole Dubai international even the buildings surrounding it such as the free zone also the scenery around Dubai, The Palm, The World islands , Burj Dubai, The emirates towers and many more missing skyscrapers.

Also Thanks Belal for the Images they will be useful;)
    Last edited: 2/1/10
  15. Joysim

Joysim

unitedstates
    I have a request for anybody living in Dubai. For those of you that live in Dubai can you please send me photos of Dubai Airport or important skyscrapers to use as textures for this project.

This would make the project be released earlier than it would of take without some handy textures.
  16. belal

belal

australia
    i have found loads of picz this is jst a few samples.So,if you want all the links just give me the green light.
  17. belal

belal

australia
    I live close to dubai airport but i dont have pics because here they are very strict you are not allowed to photograph the airport.So, for the airport i say request for them in aviation forums im sure alot of people have picz and also you can use jetphotos.net,airlines.net,pbase.com they have a huge database of dubai airport picz

the city is easy there's ton of pics hanging around the net including 3dmodels in Google earth hanger and tons of info here:
    http://www.skyscrapercity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=457

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=347567&page=2

soo, im sorry i cant do much for ya except look for picz and other info and also i can pinpoint each and every hanger n terminals location for you in google earth.
  18. belal

belal

australia
    How did u get dubai x to work with fs2004? i tried it with fs2004 no luck:(can u pleae tell me how u got it to work with fs2004?
  19. JoseA

JoseA

spain
    Not all the autogen and buildings designed to fsx works on fs2004. The Saiyek Road buildings and someone more show on FS2004. Then I had to add the Marina buildings and other generic, autogen, trees, cranes, ... I deleted some files and I upload a complete file ready to install on FS2004. Obviusly on FSX this combiniated version repeat some buildings and displace tree on palm islands, show different size cranes, ...
    Last edited: 3/1/10
  20. belal

belal

australia
    thanks for the quick reply joseA umm i dont really care about the buidlings as they are of very poor quality i just want the photo scenery thats it.So,how do i get that to work??
    thanks.