1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FSX Duplications

Discussion in 'AI Flight Planner' started by flotocki, 14/12/10.

1. flotocki

flotocki

ca-ontario
    I have used aifp 2 without ttools as I have no idea how to use it or set it up in FSX, although I have a 2006 ttools with fightplans and what have you for fs2004.

I have about 6 aircraft flying in and out of my airport using aifp2 with remarkable success. I found the manual was a bit too long for my tired eyes but is very welcome. My problem is that I couldn't figure out where to put the aircraft, flightplans and airport folders, and ended up with duplications.

Instead of 3 Purolator aircraft, I was watching 7 and I watched 2 take take off at the same time from the parking area.

I located all aircraft, flightplans and airports and deleted them so I can start over.

Can I put a flightplan folder in my FSX scenery add-on/scenery folder without aifp2 loading it also into World/ scenery? I told it where I wanted it but I guess it wanted it in the default folder in World, hense the duplications. I also found some aircraft and flightplanes in my documents folder.

All aifp2 projects are in .bgl format. I certainly can use help on the preferred folder locations. Thanking you kindly: Frank!
  2. bobbyjack

bobbyjack

unitedstates
    Frank

By default, AIFP should save flight plan, aircraft, and airport txt files in a folder within the AIFP root folder. FSX can not read these files, so there is no reason to put them in FSX. When you compile a flight plan, AIFP by default will put the bgl in the Scenery/World/scenery folder. You can put them any where, but this is the best place. Let AIFP do what it does best and things should be OK.

Bob
  3. flotocki

flotocki

ca-ontario
    Thank you for the quick responce. I just checked the aifp root and the 3 folders, Flightplans, Repaints and TrafficFiles are empty. This I'll keep an eye on and make sure the work goes in there respectfully. I did not see a folder pertaining to aircraft. Thank you again. Frank!
  4. bobbyjack

bobbyjack

unitedstates
    Frank

"I located all aircraft, flightplans and airports and deleted them so I can start over."

Where did you find them?

Bob
  5. flotocki

flotocki

ca-ontario
    I had them in scenery/World/Scenery/ Addon Scenery/Scenery SimObects/ Airplanes/ SimObects/ Aircraft, Documents, and I just found another one in addom scenery/ scenery. Aircraft that I had missed with 8 Aircraft that I had flightplans for. I was trying to find a comportable area to place these folders that I good find easely because I couldn't find them after I used them to upload the airports, aircraft, and flightplans. I used Windows 7 64bit search engine to help find them so I could remove them.

Bit of a mess without a folder location system. Frank!
  6. flotocki

flotocki

ca-ontario
    I found the duplications. I installed a Vistaliner 727 and 2 showed up in my airport, both had the same registration numbers. I deleted the one I had set up and both are gone. I now have to try and remember how i painted my aircraft as this is the only way I can get purolator's in the air. After that I'll have to paint some Westjets. Never a dull moment.
  7. gadgets

gadgets Resource contributor

ca-britishcolumbia
    Frank, perhaps I can save you some work. There are two Purolator 727's in my CYYJ 2010, and several Westjet 737s in my BC Regional AI - both available from Avsim and Flightsim.

Don
  8. flotocki

flotocki

ca-ontario
    I do not have any problems with aircraft other than if I can use AIA Aardvark aircraft for repainting to be used in FSX.

I just made a Flight Plane for a Westjet and sent it to Miami, but I lost the MD11 Centurian which also goes to Miami. I'll have to take another look at Ttools and see how I can use it to locate my Flight Plans, Airports I'm using and also the Aircraft. Frank!
  9. bobbyjack

bobbyjack

unitedstates
    Frank

Don't forget to give each of your bgls a different name. It almost sounds like the Westjet bgl overwrote the MD11.

Bob
  10. flotocki

flotocki

ca-ontario
    I HAVE DELETED THE WORKS AND i AM GOING TO START OVER AGAIN. I THINK I AM MIXING FS9 AND FSX AIRCRAFT AND i CANNOT find out which is which. I had put some of the Flight Plans in "Savs File set as..." and some in "Compile Traffic file and save". I didn't know which one I should use or both.

I will check in the future for any resemblance while filling in the Flight Plans.

This is a lots of fun learning a new project (and I'm only on my third try). I've still got to rebuild my Fs2009 airport for use in FSX. Still using the older hangers and such but I'm not too please with them. I deleted the airport terminal because it had changed drastically. (Back to my favourite scenery builder..GMAX). Frank!
  11. flotocki

flotocki

ca-ontario
    I am useing both save destinations "Save File set..." to Scenery addon/ Scenery/Scenery.
    "Compile Traffis file and save" to Scenery Addon/ Scenery.

I made a copy of the Canjet and changed the aircraft.cfg in the second one. I now have two Canjets flying in and out of my airport.

Now for the rest of them. Frank!
  12. bobbyjack

bobbyjack

unitedstates
    Well, "Save file set..." produces text files. FSX can not read them, so there is no reason to clutter up FSX with them. Unless you need to re-open them to edit laster, you don't need them at all. I believe "Compile and save" produces a bgl and saves it(not the text files) to the place of your choice( Scenery/World/scenery, in your case, and mine).

Bob
  13. flotocki

flotocki

ca-ontario
    Just loaded up a B727-200 basic aircraft prelude to painting and it was at my ADE airport waiting. I had a look around and found two .bgl buildings missing, the Canjet Hanger and the USB storage building. I found I had two aircraft with the same name with the possability that they took out my buildings.

Back to the Drawing board. :) Frank!
  14. bobbyjack

bobbyjack

unitedstates
    I can't think of any way that a traffic file could change scenery. Is this an airport you modified?

Bob
  15. flotocki

flotocki

ca-ontario
    Useing ADE to redisgn my airport. I had to re-install the two buildings and I'm back to working on the project.

Sending a photo of my airport I have worked on for every version of Windows and Flight simulators. Frank!

Attached Files: