1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ed Force One - Iron Maiden Tour 757 for FSX

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by gimpdaddyrob@gmail.com, 31/3/08.

1. gimpdaddyrob@gmail.com

gimpdaddyrob@gmail.com

us-california
    Greetings all! I am happy to say I am recovering nicely from my recent medical issues and hope to be back to 100% soon. While I've been lain up I followed Iron Maiden's latest tour vicariously via YouTube and Google. I have seen them live twice (almost 20 years apart!!) and consider myself a fan. So when I heard about the customized 757 that the band leased from lead vocalist Bruce Dickinson's other employer Astraeus Airlines for the tour I was all over it like white on rice!!

This is the first run through, I plan to improve this before uploading it, but I get impatient and want to see it and fly it right away... I'm sure many of you know what I mean LOL!!

This repaint uses the PROSKY 757

[​IMG]
  2. gimpdaddyrob@gmail.com

gimpdaddyrob@gmail.com

us-california
    After a few up and down evenings I am approaching the end. I've got all the major elements and most minor ones in place. I need to add a couple of minor details (registration and Boeing 757 tag), tweak the Maiden logo color (its a bit to dark) and I could reconfigure the doors to more accurately reflect the true configuration but its still acceptable to me. Here are a few pics... be sure to check out the crew in the cockpit (yes, thats Bruce in the right seat!)

Link to follow in the near future!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  3. CrashGate3

CrashGate3

unitedkingdom
    Looks brilliant so far (love the pilots especially :D )

I really, *really* wish I had enough money to buy a seat on the tour to one of the shows abroad.
  4. gimpdaddyrob@gmail.com

gimpdaddyrob@gmail.com

us-california
    Final pics & link!

Here are a couple of shots showing the final details. I am really pleased with how it turned out. I may redo the tour dates to attempt to make them readable (they pixilated really bad with all the adjustments) but for now 1.0 is ready for the public.

The repaint is textures only so you have to have posky's 757 for FSX already. Its free and an excellent model so get it if you don't have it!

Here's the link to the repaint RAR file:
    http://www.box.net/shared/kdwhjjx4wc

and here's the pics:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  5. gimpdaddyrob@gmail.com

gimpdaddyrob@gmail.com

us-california
    oops...

I have been informed that some of the textures may not be working properly. The cockpit and VC are also not working but those are issues with the POSKY model not my repaint. I still haven't been able to completely assemble all the pieces to make it whole.

I have compressed the entire aircraft folder and uploaded it to my box.net account. Hopefully this way the problems with the "missing" textures will go away:

vvvvvvv NEW LINKS BELOW!!!! vvvvvvv

Sorry for any frustration this may have caused, and if anyone knows the proper way to get the gauges and VC working in the POSKY 757 I would appreciate a clue or two to get me going in the right direction!
    Last edited: 25/6/09
  6. colin_d

colin_d

unitedkingdom
    Hi Gimpdaddy,

I recently flew from Gatwick and this aircraft was right next to the one I was boarding. You've done a great job it looks exactly like the real thing.

Colin
  7. gimpdaddyrob@gmail.com

gimpdaddyrob@gmail.com

us-california
    I would love to get up close and personal with it too. I really hope this starts a trend with major musicians and traveling theater companies... can you imagine the rich variety of custom paint schemes that would result from all those special charters?!
  8. jack91011

jack91011

ca-ontario
    What Posky 757 ?

Hi,

i was wondering if you could tell me which posky 757 to get because they all have winglets and yours dosen't...please help me and i got another question... How do you make FSX repaints...

Thank you,

jack91011

:D
  9. gimpdaddyrob@gmail.com

gimpdaddyrob@gmail.com

us-california
    its the posky 757-200 model (posky752PW-1).

As for how I do my repaints, I use 2 different programs; Photoshop and FS Repaint from Abacus. I use photoshop to make anything that needs to be detailed like the special graphics on Ed Force One, and then using FS Repaint I can import and arrange the elements accurately using the 3D view windows to get them just right.
  10. andyjohnston.net

andyjohnston.net

ca-ontario
    Looks good.

I was a huge Maiden fan when I was in high school, I saw them in a small venue during the Fear of the Dark tour from the front row. They lost me after that, but I still love your repaint, especially Eddie in the left seat!
  11. mdm248111

mdm248111

us-northcarolina
    Bon Jovi!!! :)
  12. gimpdaddyrob@gmail.com

gimpdaddyrob@gmail.com

us-california
    Hello everyone! I have again been absent for a few months and it that time I have lost a leg, gotten a prosthetic, broke up with my girlfriend and moved about 150 miles from where I was living... lets just say I've been busy!

This repaint has become very popular! I get about 6 emails a day telling me that it has been downloaded. And after a recent computer crash I have had to download it myself!! Unfortunately I lost a few projects but nothing is irreplaceable!
  13. gimpdaddyrob@gmail.com

gimpdaddyrob@gmail.com

us-california
    Last edited: 25/6/09
  14. jack91011

jack91011

ca-ontario
    posky 757

hi rob... sorry to hear about your leg and your gf...

can you please give me the link to the 757 cause i cant find it

thank you in advance...

J