• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FS2004 EDAH - Heringsdorf Regional Airport

Country
finland
Volker, that is really wonderful work! :)

The "Russian" barracks are actually German built, The airfield itself exists since 1919 and those buildings are from 1935.

Kai

Country
germany
Thank you guys! Very nice Feedback. It's the fuel for the last (hard) mile ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Country
germany
Project is on short final. Creating the seasons textures :D

edahwinter1.jpg

edahwinter4.jpg

edahwinter3.jpg

edahwinter2.jpg

Cheers Volker

Country
germany
I had the change to test this scenery in the Alpha phase. Stunning scenery to see! I used different aircraft for the test, although some of them will never fly to EDAH:p

iFly 737 (B737-700 Thomson)
EDAH_06.jpg

EDAH_04.jpg

Great job Volker!;)

Hi !

Wich Aircraft will never fly to EDAH ? The 737-700 ? Of course.:) The 737-700 was often in EDAH also the A319/320. The biggest Aircraft we had was the IL-76.

Greetings from EDAH

Henry

Country
germany
Hi all,

project is almost ready for launch. Season textures near completion..........but I decided to put a little more effort in the asphalt surfaces. I found a good method to add different types of scratches on top of the generic asphalt texture, so that a looks as flawed like the real taxiways in EDAH :D

Furthermore the taxiway edges have been far from satisfactory by now. I made a new spacer texture which connects both texture types and looks more natural. This results in some additional hours to implement it for all asphalt surfaces but I think it's worth it.

asphaltedge.jpg

Cheers Volker

Last edited:
Country
russia
I simply cannot believe that you made this with SU.. Damn, I know SU for very long time. It is Great Software but by the way I learned it I came across different problems that I couldnt make with it, tried all or almost all of the scripts and plugins, it looked like a real CAD Software so the modeling space became smaller and smaller... Yes SU and V-ray or Light-Up is cool..

Today I say never ever again Back to SU for good. nothing better than Autodesk softwares like 3ds max and maya and of course Solidworks and only thing that left is the textures, SU textures.
But anyway, great work and real respect. :greenflag

Last edited:
Country
germany
Furthermore the taxiway edges have been far from satisfactory by now. I made a new spacer texture which connects both texture types and looks more natural. This results in some additional hours to implement it for all asphalt surfaces but I think it's worth it.

Well done, Volker. That looks very real now. Will this scenery be available someday for FSX too?

Country
germany
@fsfox - I started to build objects with Gmax first but I never really understood the concept of the UI and had problems with the 10000 different functions and terms - it wasn't fun at all. SU has a completely different approach, has an intuitive UI, very few functions but everything I need for static modeling. For beginners like me pure fun :) There are only two plugins that I use regular: a bezier-curve tool and the mover2.

Btw: thanks for the link to the SU texturesets! Great stuff. If only I had this month ago...

@jencas
When the FS9 version is finaly done I'll of course try the FSX conversion. My 2,5 year old PC doesn't run FSX well. That's why I'm still addicted to FS9 :)

Cheers Volker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Country
germany
When the FS9 version is finaly done I'll of course try the FSX conversion.

That's good to hear.

My 2,5 year old PC doesn't run FSX well. That's why I'm still addicted to FS9 :)

On my 3 year old i750 PC FSX performs well after some tweaking. So I used FS9 only about a dozen times in this period.

Last edited:
Country
germany
That Heringsdorf is awesome!!! Been there a couple of times with Mi-8 and SeaKing helicopters and yes, thats what it looks like! And as I can see, your virtual customers came all the way from Kassel. ;)

Looking forward to the FSX version as I have abandoned FS2004 completely some 6 years ago and never regretted it. ;)

Country
germany
That Heringsdorf is awesome!!! Been there a couple of times with Mi-8 and SeaKing helicopters and yes, thats what it looks like! And as I can see, your virtual customers came all the way from Kassel. ;)

Looking forward to the FSX version as I have abandoned FS2004 completely some 6 years ago and never regretted it. ;)

THX MN!
...and since we have our brandnew international airport here in Kassel-Calden (EDVK), Usedom is just 1h away :D

Country
germany
Hi all,

V 1.0 is finally released: http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fs2004scen&DLID=178014

My attemps with GMax animated car traffic for the surrounding roads weren't satisfactory, so I left this part to be included in a V 1.1 later this summer ;)

Thanks everybody for your help and input!
Cheers Volker

Vielen Dank Volker. As a FSX-Only user i will wait patiently for the FSX-Version. I hope she is not too far away, but take your time. It certainly looks stunning!
Do you have already a new project in mind? (Maybe Sylt? I know it is included in one of the AS packages, but the quality is IMO pretty bad...)
regards,
chris

Country
germany
Vielen Dank Volker. As a FSX-Only user i will wait patiently for the FSX-Version. I hope she is not too far away, but take your time. It certainly looks stunning!
Do you have already a new project in mind? (Maybe Sylt? I know it is included in one of the AS packages, but the quality is IMO pretty bad...)
regards,
chris

Thanks Chris. The next project will most likely be EDVK, which is an all new regional airport and only a few kilometer away from my home :D

Country
germany
Thanks Chris. The next project will most likely be EDVK, which is an all new regional airport and only a few kilometer away from my home :D
Auch gut, hoffe nur Du wirst fertig bevor der reale Gegenpart aus Mangel an Verkehr wieder zu machen muss.... :p

Country
germany
Auch gut, hoffe nur Du wirst fertig bevor der reale Gegenpart aus Mangel an Verkehr wieder zu machen muss.... :p

<lokalpatriotismus>Der Flughafen wird sich in Kürze zu einem internationalen Drehkreuz entwickeln</lokalpatriotismus> :D