1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EGLC/LCY (London City Airport) Preview #3

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by Shagster22, 26/6/06.

1. Shagster22

Shagster22

netherlands
    you might have seen this post elsewhere, but I would want to post it here as well :) .

As my summer vacation approaches, and I'm packing up to move to university in The Netherlands, I decided to do another preview of the work I've done since the last preview. Below is the list of all the things added or changed:

- Completly new runway textures with multiple layers and new touch down marks; all much higher resolution
    - Grass at the taxiways and runways (finished, save a few tweaks); this blends the taxiway into the lower-res grass
    - 3D grass at the taxiway borders, I will have to "cut the grass" soon, but this will give a better idea of what's coming
    - LEA GA apron fully modeled and textured (day and night); photoreal textures
    - Turnaround completed (mostly); completly redon with new ground textures and markings; the turnaround is elevated!
    - New markings between the GA apron and the main apron including gates 12 and 13 (14 is still to come)
    - Photoreal texturing of the terminal (not complete), with special credit to David Madge of CanUK sceneries (Be sure to visit their site and view their progress on the excellent Calgary scenery they are designing here!)
    - I have also updated my AI so that I have up-to-date flightplans of all airlines currently flying into LCY, barring a few exceptions, you should be able to see those in the shots as well

Anyways, on to the more important stuff, the screens:

There are more images on my website at: http://www.freewebs.com/eglc/
    The direct link to the gallery is: http://www.freewebs.com/eglc/preview3.htm

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Enjoy!
  2. ras78

ras78

italy
    Very well done job! Looking this screen, my first scenery appears so poor. But is difficult model without good reference, such photo etc... :(
  3. BoeingGuy

BoeingGuy

unitedstates
    grass around the edges could use some improving, more diverse but it looks good.

nice runway detail, nice how you got each little ridge and dip of the texture in, how did you manage that?
  4. martinboehme

martinboehme

germany
    Hi Frederik,

looks great! I'm really looking forward to this scenery...

Since you mention scenicworx.com on a recent post on your site, I just wanted to let you know that I haven't been able to access the site for a couple of months -- it gives me "This Account Has Been Suspended. Please contact the billing/support department as soon as possible." Just wanted to let you know in case you weren't aware of this...

Cheers,

Martin