1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Engine Failures

Discussion in 'SimConnect' started by maccas, 2/10/07.

1. maccas

maccas

australia
    Hello,

This is my first post on these forums so please be gentle :) .

I am writing a little application to simulate random engine failures. So far I can can track various readings on the engine and have been able to trigger engine fires without a problem. However I want to be able to trigger oil leaks, system failures etc. However whilst inside FSX I can see those options in the failure menu, I cant see anywhere in SimConnect where I can achieve the same result. I can see you are able to alter oil pressure which I have tried playing with however the pressure just returns to normal almost immediately.

Has anyone been able to trigger oil leaks etc using SimConnect, and if so how? Most of the variables you need are read-only. Which from reading other posts suggests another event is required but I cannot find anything documented.

Many thanks,
    Maccas
  2. carthorse

carthorse

unitedstates
    Maccas, have you had any luck since?
  3. Nudge

Nudge

australia
    The only way I know this can be done is through missions.

You would setup the failure in the mission file and then have simconnect fire it using SimConnect_ExecuteMissionAction.

Of course, you would need to load the mission, meaning no free flight.