1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Error message in compilig.

Discussion in 'Airport Design General' started by moducity, 12/7/05.

1. moducity

moducity

italy
    During complitation of a file in FSSC I get the message :
    Error in macro file line xxxx - destination ":" is out or range, source line 33.
    My questions are :
    a. meaning of error;
    b. where I can read the line 33 :mad:

Tks & rgds
    Filippo LIBD ;)
  2. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    Hi Filippo,

In general this means that the API macro you are using has a jump that is bigger than the size that Jump command can bridge. So the best thing you can do is open the API macro and look for line 33 in the file.

If there is a Jump command on that line, you could try to replace it with a Jump32 command (that command can bridge a greater distance). If that is not the case you might have to do some more tweaking, but that is hard for me to tell without seeing the total source.
  3. moducity

moducity

italy
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi Arno and tks 4 yr attention.
    Often I got the message :

Error in macro file D:\FSSCEN~1\Macros\SN3329~1.API line 2089
    -> EndA
    -> destination ":" out of range (34232), source line 33
    Scasm compilation status: error(s) 1
    -----------------------------------
    So, I'm not able to find the file SN3329....API (anywhere in the HD) and of course the line 2089; where I can modify the Jump command as suggested by U ? :confused:
    Filippo
  4. mcq

mcq

germany
    I think, that's not the problem, but:

Every file which will compiled by SCASM has a buffer size; try to change it to a greater value, like 32000 instead of 16000 and so on...
  5. moducity

moducity

italy
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi, and wellcome to my "Via crucis" with FSSC.
    Pls explain step by step in wich way I have to change the parameter, in wich file and by what program.
    Tks & rgds
    Filippo (LIBD)
  6. mcq

mcq

germany
    I'm not sure if you mean Schiratti Control Center with FSSC...

But THERE you have the parameter "Buffer size" (or something like that) in the "Design Properties... or Preferences?".

Size value is usually equal to a 2^x value (2, 4, 8, 16, 32...), I believe it is usually 16000. So just test it with 32000, 64000 and so on... there is anywhere a logical end, but I don't know for which value.

If you mean another tool with "FSSC", then I don't know where, but then you should find anywhere a "buffer size" property...
  7. moducity

moducity

italy
    FSSC by Derek Young (continue for problems)

In this scenery creator I didn't find any menu to set the Buffer size parameter. Scenery properties is available but not that parameter.
    Scams has been loaded as a part of FSSC, so may be that my version of it (SCAMS) is uncomplete. :confused:
    Rgds Filippo
  8. mcq

mcq

germany
    Is FSSC = Schiratti Control Center ? :confused: :confused: :confused:

(If NOT, I don't know the program.)
  9. moducity

moducity

italy
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    As I said the FSSC in my hands is created by Derek Young.
    I will invetigate abt the Schiratti version.
    Thank you 4 yr attention.
    All the best, Filippo (LIBD) :)
  10. arno

netherlands
    Hi Filippo,

I think it is not a setting in FSSC that causes this problem. It is something in your API, so you do not have to change anything in FSSC.

Can you attach the API macro to your next post? Then someone will probably be able to indicate the tweaks needed.

PS. If you can't find the file, that is because the SN3329~1.API name is the short 8 character version of your API macro.
  11. mcq

mcq

germany
    That's not correct! Of course, if he will make the API smaller, then it will work, but he can also change the Buffer-Size parameter to make the compilation possible... but I don't know how to do this with FSSC...
  12. arno

netherlands
    Ys, but that buffer can also be set in the API itself. It is not something that has to be set in the FSSC SCA file. FSSC never knows the size needed for the API, so it should be set in the API itself, so it can be used anywhere without trouble.

But this error does not look like a buffer size problem. The problem is that is jump is made over a piece of code that is bigger than 32 kB and that is not possible. So it will probably require a big restructuring of the jumps.
  13. mcq

mcq

germany
    I know it from SCC, that you can adjust the buffer size for the whole scm-file...

But that's with the 32K-Jump is also an interesting aspect...