1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ESP Add-on

Discussion in 'ESP' started by mendiola_loyola, 21/2/09.

1. mendiola_loyola

mendiola_loyola Resource contributor

peru
    Dear All:

Do FSX Add-ons work on ESP simulator?

Thanks.
    Alfredo Mendiola Loyola
    Lima, PerĂº
  2. n4gix

n4gix Resource contributor

unitedstates
    Yes, ESP is simply FSX without the menu system.
  3. Simon853

Simon853

I think SimConnect clients wont work unless they're compiled with the simconnect.lib in the ESP SDK.

Si
  4. beatle

beatle

us-virginia
    Hey Simon,

Actually, that's the other way around :-> SimConnect clients built with the SP2 version of the FSX SDK will also work with ESP v1 (it should actually support all previous versions, but I've only tried it with SP2 SDK built clients).

SimConnect clients built with the ESP SDK will only talk to ESP (FSX isn't foreward compatible with versions that weren't released yet when it was :-> ). I suppose FS11 and/or TS2 might have recognized ESP v1 clients, but that's a moot point now :-<

Tim
  5. ziporama

ziporama

unitedstates
    Adding to what Tim stated, it seems you can always connect to get the version number of the server. Any attempts to use other functionality will give you a server version error in my tests, but you can always get the version number. This allows you to load a different client dll as appropriate for the server if you do dynamic client dll loading (ie, not using the built-in manifests).

Etienne
    Last edited: 7/3/09