1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Excluding problem (?)

Discussion in 'Ground2k4, SBuilder, SBuilderX' started by -MaRRe-, 25/5/06.

1. -MaRRe-

-MaRRe-

belgium
    Hello everyone,

You should know I'm new to this forum and scenery design itself.
    Let me tell you what i'm up to first before i discribe the problem itself.

My plans are to make several airports in Africa, with a few FS friends (I already have a guy for textures and a pilot in africa to supply info on the airports) for FS2004/FSX as there are practically no sceneries. First on the list is HUEN - Entebbe international (next are FZAA and HSSS).

This is a rather complex airport to start with because it lays on a penninsula in Lake Victoria. The approuch lights are litarraly in the lake at both ends and the elevation is pretty complex on the penninsula aswell. Also there are swamps, a forest and a town on the other side. I guess i'll learn a lot building my first scenery :)

So what do i have so far?
    Well what I want to do is make the island in Ground2k4 with default mesh and a flat area for the airport (I dont even think about sloped taxiways, aprons and runways :) ).
    First i excluded everything (layers 4,5,6,7,8) in the areas where i want to buil the newly shaped island. But when i install the exclude.bgl in FS i still see all the default stuff (yes i named it 0_HUEN_exclude so it gets read first).
    Next, disregarding it didnt work, i created a water polygon on top of default scenery so that I dont see the default island any more. This worked!
    Now I can see only water with the default mesh and airport on it, like i wanted.
    Then I started creating a 'poly with shore' (on layer 32). When this was finished and succesfully exported into .bgl files and installed, I saw the default shape of the island again only expanded in some places and reduced but filled with water in other places.

So I have 2 problems :
    - The default layers are not being excluded (or are they but still displayed in FS and LWMviewer2?).
    - My new coast displays but the default island shapes show up again!

The two pics show the result when deleting default island and a pic of LWM showing the exclude .bgl is loaded but the default stuff is still displayin!

Any help would be dearly appreciated!! If you need more info please ask. You may add me on msn too martijn.denecker@belgacom.net.

Greetz!!

p.s.: We are looking for a basic Gmax modeller!!
  2. -MaRRe-

-MaRRe-

belgium
    Anyone? :confused: :whiteflag