1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

exporter settings

Discussion in 'ModelConverterX' started by robystar, 15/11/09.

1. robystar

robystar

Hi,

After applying the last patches, modelconverterX cannot automatically store the XtoMDL path anymore. I have to manually give in the path each time I start the program otherwise I get an error when exporting.
    Either my path is too long (in the C:\program files\SDK\...) or a bug has crept in?
  2. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    Hi,

It should still remember it. A little while ago I made a change that forces the users to provide the path once more, but after that it should be remembered as before. I do not have trouble over here with it.
  3. robystar

robystar

It does not, Arno. I checked several times.
    Fyi, I have v1.1.0.0. or so it says in the "about ..."
    Not a big problem though.
    By the way, sorry I missed the FSweekend. Happened to be in Belgium when I remembered, and then it was too late.
    Have another question however, that might be of interest to others as well:
    I have decompiled some FSX stock library objects, imported them in modelconverrterX, changed the dimensions and in some cases the textures as I want to use them in a scenery project (Ceuta) that is almost finished and that would be uploaded as freeware (of course). But am I infringing on some MS copyright doing so?

Rob
  4. arno

netherlands
    Hi,

I would still like to understand why this is happening though. Maybe you can try to once delete the old settings file and see if things work afterwards? It should be located in your local settings in a folder called SceneryDesign.org. On my Windows 7 machine here it is:

C:\Users\arno\AppData\Local\SceneryDesign.org

Simple answer, yes. If you are not the author of the objects you are not allowed to edit and redistribute them.
  5. robystar

robystar

I had two config files but even deleting both did not solve the problem.
    I edited the config file and now the settings stick.

Thanks
  6. arno

netherlands
    OK, I'll write it down on the issues list so that I know this happened. Will be difficult to trace now, but then at least I know if the problem occurs again.
  7. arno

netherlands
    Hi,

I found it. The XtoMDL path was overwritten at startup if the ModelDef.xml path was not defined correctly. This has been fixed in the latest development release.