1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exporting for use in GMax

Discussion in 'Blender' started by JakobFerdinand, 12 Nov 2017.

Tags:
  1. JakobFerdinand

JakobFerdinand

sweden
    Hello!
    I have a short question about exporting objects from Blender for use in GMax and SODE (a jetway model). Basically I'm wondering if there's any way to export all these separate objects and keeping them like that when opening the file in GMax, so that I don't have to redo the "splitting" of the model again?
    View attachment 37916

Thanks!
    Jakob Böhme

PS: I've been searching the forum and the internet for an answer but I've been unable to find anything good (possible due to me lacking the correct phraseology). If I've missed a thread, do forgive me :)

2. F747fly

F747fly

netherlands
    Of the top of my head, you could export as .3ds and import that in to GMax with parts still seperated.

3. JakobFerdinand

JakobFerdinand

sweden
    I've tried doing that, but it seems both GMax and MCX don't like the file format (they both throw me an error).

4. F747fly

F747fly

netherlands
    That's quite odd, I have no issues with this. How about exporting colladea, import it in MCX and export it as .3DS?

5. Dutcheeseblend

Dutcheeseblend Resource contributor

netherlands
    I believe there is not a good way to interchange models between the programs without losing any kind of data.
    Why would you consider using Gmax after modelling in Blender, by the way?

6. F747fly

F747fly

netherlands
    I guess he modelled the jetway in Blender and wants to use Gmax's SODE script

7. JakobFerdinand

JakobFerdinand

sweden
    Yup, exactly. I can always split the model again, but for the future it would just be nice to know :)

8. Dutcheeseblend

Dutcheeseblend Resource contributor

netherlands
    Ah, I see!