1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feedback Alpha 10

Discussion in 'ModelConverterX' started by gsnde, 1/3/08.

1. gsnde

gsnde

germany
    Hi Arno,

Yesterday I managed to get the tool in action. The main obstacle was - as usual - the German comma as a separator. Is there anything you can do to allow operation without this being changed in the regional settings? That would be much appreciated.

I could convert a big bunch of objects. Only three failed to create an MDL at all and only once I have seen the message that not all polygons can be created.
    On the other hand, one was an object library with 20 objects and all went trough perfectly :)

I will now go and pack everything into a library and test how it looks in the FlightSim. I would like to send you the failed APIs mentioned above and all those where the transformation has obviously gone wrong from the look at it.

I suggest that you PM me your mail address, because the forum attachment option is probably insufficient.

One suggestion: an option setting would be helpful that would allow to automatically save each log under the same file name as the created mdl (with log extension).
    Last edited: 1/3/08
  2. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    Hi Martin,

The comma is a problem with XtoMDL, although that should be fixed with SP2 (did not test that yet). Which version are you using?

Saving the log automatically sounds like a good suggestion to me, I'll put that on the wishlist.
  3. gsnde

gsnde

germany
    I am using SP2 :)
  4. arno

netherlands
    OK, I will take a look at that again.
  5. arno

netherlands
    Hi Martin,

I found one bug in my X file writer when the setting was set to comma. But even after that XtoMDL fails to compile it. No with a crash, but it gives the usage information of XtoMDL at the end of what seems like a compilation. Not sure if anybody else can reproduce that, but seems like XtoMDL still requires you to set the decimal character to a dot.
  6. gsnde

gsnde

germany
    Thanks, Arno.

Microsoft, are you taking notes? :rolleyes: