• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

fences_and_walls_for_sbuilder.zip

Country
unitedstates
Is there any chance that this will be updated for FSX SP2? At the present time there is a problem with transparency.

Thanks

Country
france
Hello

I too am waiting for those famous fences!
I've already tried to stick the texture on rectangle in FSDS, but problem with transparency...
I tried to convert the scm code with Arno converter; no success!
I asked same question in several forum!

I think that if anybody knows how to manage the transparency problem, objects are rather easy to build? I read that it needs BMP2000, but I don't know how to use it; does it work for FSX?
I encountered similar problems with FS9 tross (just transparent parts inside a simple triangle); in FSX, I had to create new real tross with beams.

Thanks to designer too, to create a new "ez-curbs" library; concrete items are good in FSX, but not the "colored" ones.

Thanks fot designers! Now Whisplacer has a (in french) "barriérage" (=fencing) tool.

Pierrot - FMEP

Country
unitedstates
Hello

I too am waiting for those famous fences!
I've already tried to stick the texture on rectangle in FSDS, but problem with transparency...
I tried to convert the scm code with Arno converter; no success!
I asked same question in several forum!

I think that if anybody knows how to manage the transparency problem, objects are rather easy to build? I read that it needs BMP2000, but I don't know how to use it; does it work for FSX?
I encountered similar problems with FS9 tross (just transparent parts inside a simple triangle); in FSX, I had to create new real tross with beams.

Thanks to designer too, to create a new "ez-curbs" library; concrete items are good in FSX, but not the "colored" ones.

Thanks fot designers! Now Whisplacer has a (in french) "barriérage" (=fencing) tool.

Pierrot - FMEP

I got a reply from Luis (the author) on AVSIM and will send him some screen shots of what I am seeing at my PN40. Hope that will help.

I have not tried the fence tool in whisplacer yet but have to give that a go.

Country
france
Hello

I'm sure Luis Sa will help us. Thanks for him and its work!

Concerning fencing tool, I had suggested Whisplacer's author to add it, regards to Scruffy Duck's method in LOM object placer; the scale of fencing object is slighly modified with length of line,so the number of objects falls exact integer, and fence will end with pole. The scale difference is hardly seeable (about less 5% for a 10m line), unless very short length.
It seems author uses a similar method.
I tested with some wooden fences or concrete wall elements (no transparency needed!).

Pierrot - FMEP

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

I would certainly not use BMP2000 for FSX textures, that tool is a bit outdated by now.

I guess for the objects to work again in FSX, new MDL files will have to be created with the FSX gamepack using FSX materials. Thent the transparancy can be made to work again. Of course this means that they no longer work in FS2004 as well, so you would have two versions then.