1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fences_and_walls_for_sbuilder.zip

Discussion in 'Ground2k4, SBuilder, SBuilderX' started by sparker256, 14/11/07.

1. sparker256

sparker256

unitedstates
    Is there any chance that this will be updated for FSX SP2? At the present time there is a problem with transparency.

Thanks
  2. pierrot1951

pierrot1951

france
    Hello

I too am waiting for those famous fences!
    I've already tried to stick the texture on rectangle in FSDS, but problem with transparency...
    I tried to convert the scm code with Arno converter; no success!
    I asked same question in several forum!

I think that if anybody knows how to manage the transparency problem, objects are rather easy to build? I read that it needs BMP2000, but I don't know how to use it; does it work for FSX?
    I encountered similar problems with FS9 tross (just transparent parts inside a simple triangle); in FSX, I had to create new real tross with beams.

Thanks to designer too, to create a new "ez-curbs" library; concrete items are good in FSX, but not the "colored" ones.

Thanks fot designers! Now Whisplacer has a (in french) "barriƩrage" (=fencing) tool.

Pierrot - FMEP
  3. sparker256

sparker256

unitedstates
    I got a reply from Luis (the author) on AVSIM and will send him some screen shots of what I am seeing at my PN40. Hope that will help.

I have not tried the fence tool in whisplacer yet but have to give that a go.
  4. pierrot1951

pierrot1951

france
    Hello

I'm sure Luis Sa will help us. Thanks for him and its work!

Concerning fencing tool, I had suggested Whisplacer's author to add it, regards to Scruffy Duck's method in LOM object placer; the scale of fencing object is slighly modified with length of line,so the number of objects falls exact integer, and fence will end with pole. The scale difference is hardly seeable (about less 5% for a 10m line), unless very short length.
    It seems author uses a similar method.
    I tested with some wooden fences or concrete wall elements (no transparency needed!).

Pierrot - FMEP
  5. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    Hi,

I would certainly not use BMP2000 for FSX textures, that tool is a bit outdated by now.

I guess for the objects to work again in FSX, new MDL files will have to be created with the FSX gamepack using FSX materials. Thent the transparancy can be made to work again. Of course this means that they no longer work in FS2004 as well, so you would have two versions then.