1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fixing the repeating texture on G2K4

Discussion in 'Ground2k4, SBuilder, SBuilderX' started by dianna78sg, 3/10/05.

1. dianna78sg

dianna78sg

singapore
    Hi everbody..

I' would like to make a photo scenery of my city ground. as the city is too big so I've use 2048x2048 texture. but it end up like this..

[​IMG]

it seem the texture that I use is repeating.is there a way to fix this ?

thank you very much in advance
  2. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    Hi,

Can you tell us how you placed the texture in Ground2k4? The mesh scenery does not support textures that are bigger than 256x256 (higher mips are just not shown), so that is probably the reason for the repeating effect you see.
  3. dianna78sg

dianna78sg

singapore
    I actually followed this tutorial from UKscenerydesign (only I using it to create my city ground texture)..at the last process (applying texture)..I'm using my own texture (other texture)..

so do we have to apply only 256x256 texture size on every size of ground polygon we created ?
  4. arno

netherlands
    Hi,

Then I guess you have now applied the same texture to all those LOD squares, which gives indeed the effect of repetition.
  5. dianna78sg

dianna78sg

singapore
    So what should I do to avoid repeatition ? I would like the whole places with only single texture
  6. arno

netherlands
    You would have to split your big texture into pieces of 256x256 and apply one to each tile.

This can probably easier be done using resample or else with SBuilder, which has an option to do it automatically. I can't remember if Ground2k4 also has such options.