1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FS2004 Flight Plan Troubles...

Discussion in 'AI Flight Planner' started by EK433B77W, 9/4/11.

1. EK433B77W

EK433B77W

australia
    Hello all,

I've recently started work on some Royal Brunei (RBA/BI) flight plans for FS2004. I've now finished the flight plans, however when I add them to FS2004 using TTools, I don't get any errors but when I search for the traffic in FS I don't see them on the days they should be flying.

For example, RAB097/098 (BWN-DXB-LHR-DXB-BWN) is a weekly flight for BI. However, when searching for this flight on ANY day of the week it either: does not display or the aircraft is arriving at the wrong time (02:05 is the scheduled time for departure from DXB-LHR, but the aircraft appears to be arriving at 02:05 Gulf Standard Time (GST)).

I’ve crossed checked the flight plans in AI Flight Planner against that of the RBA schedule and no problems there. I’ve made sure there’s no errors with aircraft arriving or departing before they should etc… and I still cannot find a solution.

It would be a great help if someone could please shed some light on what the issue(s) could be.

Kind Regards,

EK433B77W.
  2. bobbyjack

bobbyjack

unitedstates
    I can't tell from your post how much experience you have writing flight plans. So forgive me if I respond as though you are new to the process. If you are new, you need to start simple. Write a simple FP(in AIFP) using two default airports that you know have plenty of parking. As you know a simple FP using two airports must start and end at the same airport. Use a default plane that you know works as AI. Work in GMT for now, so that you know just when to go to the airport(10 minutes or so before departure, sometimes 5 will work). Write your FP at 1% traffic level and set traffic at 50% or so in FS9. Test this way until you see your planes do what you want. May I suggest a 4hr plan that uses a default 737 starting at KSAN at 00:00 to KLAX, then leaving KLAX at 02:00 for KSAN. Good luck

Bob
  3. EK433B77W

EK433B77W

australia
    G'day Bob,

In the last 90 minutes I've tested all three RBA aircraft (B772, A320, A319). All routes for the A320 and A319 work great. However, the problem lies with the B772. All the routes work perfectly bar that of BI097/098. I'm thinking it has something to do with DXB as an Airport. There are plenty of bays at DXB's T1 at the time of arrival from BWN and for the departure leg to LHR, but the aircraft just doesn't want to show. (See attached image).

Kind Regards,

EK433B77W.

Attached Files:

4. bobbyjack

bobbyjack

unitedstates
    OK then. Doesn't seem like an AIFP problem. Substitute a 737 for the 777. If the 737 shows, then you may have a parking problem. That is, if the 777 is OK.

Bob
  5. EK433B77W

EK433B77W

australia
    G'day Bob,

Thanks for your reply. I subbed a B738W into the flight, and that worked. From there, I then added the B772 again. However, to throw another spanner in the works, I think the problem may lie with the airport.txt file. I followed the B772 for the majority of his decent and approach, I observed that the aircraft falls short of the airfield (Lands in the middle of the desert and then disappears).

Any ideas what causes this problem?

Cheers mate,

EK433B77W.
  6. bobbyjack

bobbyjack

unitedstates
    If it was an airport problem, then the 737 wouldn't have worked. If the 777 is a user plane not made for AI, that can be the problem.
  7. EK433B77W

EK433B77W

australia
    G'day Bob,

After spending some time 'mucking around' in MS Notepad is was able to eliminate the problem.:D

A friend of mine noticed in my flight plans that there was a lack of the '@' symbol. Since I was using TTools to compile the flight plans into FS I needed the '@' symbol to represent the departure time from a particular airport. Once I added the '@' symbol to all my departure times all the aircraft appeared in the correct locations and not to mention arrived and departed on time.

It’s amazing how one little error such as this can effect an entire flight plan.

Thanks Bob for all your help, it has been much appreciated mate. :)

Cheers,

EK433B77W.