1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flight Sim World - First Impressions

Discussion in 'Flight Sim World' started by HiFlyer, 2 Jun 2017.

1. pbeeby

pbeeby

england
  2. MANOCHVARMA RAMAN

MANOCHVARMA RAMAN

malaysia
  3. pbeeby

pbeeby

england
    ...the Reshade Preset really will bring alive any Custom Scenery you might have too -

Capture3.JPG

4. pbeeby

pbeeby

england
    ...more screenshots since FSW was last updated ( now featuring Update 13 )

Capture5b.JPG Capture5d.JPG Capture5e.JPG Capturef.JPG Captureg.JPG Captureh.JPG Capturei.JPG Capturej.JPG

Here is the link for the modified Reshade Preset used in the shots, to take into account the changes made to the PBR lighting and TrueSky Weather engine by the Dovetail Development Team. Whilst the team are doing a great job with the development of FSW, personally I feel that Reshade is still required to give that definitive look we all want.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/co11i88ses6dsir/FSW1.ini

Regards,

Pete.

MANOCHVARMA RAMAN likes this.
  5. Ronald

Ronald Resource contributor

Look at these screenshots, FSW is going to be a beautiful sim in the future :)

Christian Bahr likes this.
  6. pbeeby

pbeeby

england
    ....Ronald many thanks,

Yes there really should be something to get excited about I think. FSW has the potential to just get better and better !

Regards,

Pete.

Capture8.JPG

7. pbeeby

pbeeby

england
    .....for those of you who are enjoying tinkering with the fabulous Reshade tool, my last exhibits on the subject, feature the inclusion of the HDR shader.

If like me, you like flying near to hills and mountains, the HDR shader really does bring out shadowing on the dark faces away from illumination. Obviously it can still be used in all other terrains equally well too.

Capture98.JPG Capture94.JPG Capture91.JPG Capture92.JPG Capture93.JPG Capture97.JPG

Here is the link for the download -

http://www.mediafire.com/file/q5lsh7bhpr92fyh/FSW1_HDR.ini

Enjoy.

Pete.

PS. Please feel free to adjust the settings for this Reshade Preset, remember it is provided as a starting point for you to play around with.

8. Ronald

Ronald Resource contributor

Awesome tweaking results Pete and thanks for the download link:
    Q: What are the hardware specs. of your computer (since i'm pretty sure my computer can't handle FSW currently)

9. pbeeby

pbeeby

england
    ..Thanks again Ronald !!

It's shame any tweaking is really needed, ( you have to remember that the look is very much in the eye of the beholder too ) but comparing the 2 images may help you to understand why tweaking is undertaken.

FSW With Reshade - early Springtime.

Capturex3.JPG

FSW Without Reshade - early Springtime

Capturex4.JPG

...at present, ( in my opinion only of course ) the default Shaders make everything look so washed out and rather drab looking, here's hoping that the developers at Dovetail are still going to address this issue before final release.

Best Regards,

Pete.

PS,Ronald my set-up by todays standard is definitely mid-range. I am using Windows 10, with an ageing Core i7 Ivybridge processor @ 4.3 ghz and 16gb of ram. Graphics is provided by a NVidia 1060 gtx 6gb. I have made some changes to the FSW. cfg file but
    have to say so far it runs very well on this set up.

10. Calum

Calum

unitedkingdom
    Hi Pete,

Sorry to bother you. I've just come across this thread and think your preset looks superb. I tried to download it using the links but none of the links seemed to work. Is it still available as I would love to add it to my FSW, if at all possible. Thank you :)

Calum

11. pbeeby

pbeeby

england
    ...Calum,

Many thanks for your comments.

I pulled the download links,because I had an updated Shader Preset ready to supersede the existing versions available.

On reflection however, as there appears to be little interest here for this sort of thing ( being primarily a design website ) my presets are no longer available.

Why not have a go your self, here is the Reshade website link -

https://reshade.me

Follow instructions found earlier on in this post, to help install and set up Reshade.

Capture_x30.JPG

Capture_x26.JPG

Capture_x25.JPG

Capture_x28.JPG

Regards,

Pete.