1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flight Simulator Camera Configuration

Discussion in 'SimConnect' started by nanavatiarpan, 24/2/07.

1. nanavatiarpan

nanavatiarpan

unitedstates
    hey Folks,

I am currently trying to figure how can i free the camera of the aeroplane once the flight has started...
    i have tried tweaking the camera.cnf file but the problem is that you cannot dynamically change the file and change the camera co-ordinates

basically what i want to do is using my joystick i want to have the freedom of exploring the world during the flight..

Can anyone please help me with it.
    Thanks in advance
  2. ronh

ronh

canada
    Hi,

I have not done this myself but have you looked at SimConnect - there is a SimConnect_CameraSetRelative6DOF command that you can change camera views.
  3. theisomizer

theisomizer

us-texas
    Maybe I'm just dumb:banghead: but I don't believe I've ever heard of the camera.cnf file. Where is this located?

Thx in advance,
    Sean
  4. nanavatiarpan

nanavatiarpan

unitedstates
    thank you for the reply
    i have already worked with SimConnect_CameraSetRelative6DOF...yes i can change the viewpoints...but still it will look at the cockpit...i want to change the view and see the world...what i mean is i want to translate the camera viewpoint as well as the view..
    please let me know if you find such a solution
  5. lsorgi

lsorgi

camera FOV

Does anybody know how wide is the camera Field of View on FSX?
    thanks

Lorenzo
  6. Simon853

Simon853

I've done some experiments with this, translating a given FOV value to the FS Zoom factor.

I think that 0.4 equates to about 120 degrees, 1.0 = 90, 2.0 = 45, 4.0 = 22.5, etc.

Si
  7. lsorgi

lsorgi

Hi Simon,

mmm....these values sound really strange. I am pretty sure that the zoom 1.0 should be almost 35 degrees. ....and anyway I need an exact value. thanks anyway

bye
    Lorenzo