1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flight Simulator X Files

Discussion in 'Tools programming' started by glenn, 23/6/09.

1. glenn

glenn

switzerland
    Hi,

first I want to apologize that I started a new thread herein. I wanted to start this thread in the 'Tools' forum but - heaven knows why - I'm not allowed to start a new thread there (...).

Ok, just a simple question: I realised that the folder "../My Documents/Flight Simulator X Files" where all the FSX flight plans are located, is named depending on the globalization settings. If your computer is set to German settings, this folder would be named as "../Dokumente/Flight Simulator X Dateien".

In C# I use the static class 'Environment.GetFolderPath(Environment.SpecialFolder.MyDocuments)' to get the first part of the foldername, but how to get the FSX-part?

Is there a way to get the name of this folder programmatically?

Thanks in advance
    Glenn
  2. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    Hi,

Moved to the tools programming forum now. The tools forum is only the parent category that does not allow posting :).

There is a DLL that contains all those local languages, it is part of FS. I forgot the name now, but if you search in this forum you should find it.