• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Forum software upgrade

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi all,

I have just upgraded the forum software to the latest version. Things seem to run quite well, but I'm sure there are some issues left with the upgrade. If you find any, please post them here. Please see the list of "known issues" below.

• All addons for the old forum software are removed, since they are not compatible.
    • This means there is no automatic login into the wiki anymore. We will announce how to get access to the wiki for editing soon.
    • This means the Tapatalk plugin for browsing the forum is no longer available, but since this new version of the forum software is much more mobile friendly we don't think that's a big issue.
    • This means the Hotspots plugin is no longer there, but it was not used so actively anyway :)
  • The country flags are not shown in the user information anymore.
  • The colours and looks of the forum have changed a bit. We are currently running the default style with minimum changes. We will probably tune this more in the near future.
But to not keep the forum down for too long, we just reopened with these known issues. Please let us know if there are other problems.

Rotornut44

Resource contributor
Country
us-florida
Looks great! I too like the clean appearance. I had to check that I clicked on the right tab when I opened the site. :)

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Yes, I also like the clean looks. And since we mainly use the default theme we don't have to spend a lot of time on updates and tweaks.

Country
germany
Hi Arno,

Looks great on my computer! But could you please try to bring back Tapatalk anyway? To offer easy and instant access to the variety of forums it is still the best point of Entry that I know.

Thanks for considering!

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi Martin,

Looks great on my computer! But could you please try to bring back Tapatalk anyway? To offer easy and instant access to the variety of forums it is still the best point of Entry that I know.

At the momoment Tapatalk doesn't support this version of the forum software yet. There is only a beta release for it. So we might consider to add it back later. Let me post a poll to see how many people were actually using Tapatalk.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
I do notice that sometimes the responds time of the forum is too long. We'll keep a good eye on this.

GHD

Country
england
It would be nice if there were a "Top" button at the bottom of each page.

dave hoeffgen

Resource contributor
Country
germany
To be honest I liked the old design better. It took more advantage of the size of big computer screens. This one has much space to the sides while the content is crowded together in the middle, making an overview harder than before.

rhumbaflappy

Administrator
Staff member
Resource contributor
Country
us-wisconsin
To be honest I liked the old design better. It took more advantage of the size of big computer screens. This one has much space to the sides while the content is crowded together in the middle, making an overview harder than before.
I agree Dave. But perhaps we'll get used to the format over time.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
I'm quite happy with it, but I guess we all read the forum slightly differently.

But would you prefer less side bars? We can probably tune the theme a bit more.

dave hoeffgen

Resource contributor
Country
germany
But would you prefer less side bars? We can probably tune the theme a bit more.
I always thought the older one automatically adjusted to the screen. It would be awesome if this one could do this too

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
I see what some of you mean, now that I maximize the browser window there is quite a lot of empty space on the sides. Let me see if we can tune that.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
I always thought the older one automatically adjusted to the screen. It would be awesome if this one could do this too

I just checked and the old theme spread out more indeed, the new one seems to limit the width and then add empty areas on the side.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
I have changed the setting now so that the full width is used again.

But for my personal taste that's too wide :), I'll resize my browser window again.