1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FS2002 Ground polys placed with Sbuilder

Discussion in 'Ground2k4, SBuilder, SBuilderX' started by FSR, 16/12/07.

1. FSR

FSR

us-georgia
    My ground polys made with the FS2002 MakeMdl work perfectly in FS9 when placed with XML (as single bgls). However, when added to a library and placed with Sbuilder, compilation of the library seems to negate the tweaks - the flickering returns, no cast shadows, etc.

Is XML placement of these polys the only way to go, or is there a work-around to allow using them in a library? It would make positioning them so much easier.

Fred
  2. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    Hi Fred,

No, you not even place Fs2002 style ground polygons with XML code. They should be positioned directly with the coordinates in the ASM file.
  3. FSR

FSR

us-georgia
    Hey Arno,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I do place the polys using the tweaked asm file compiled into a bgl - I'm new to asm tweaking, and had that confused with XML.

So it's a true statement then, that FS2002 polys cannot be properly placed in FS9 using a library?

Fred
  4. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    Hi Fred,

That is right.

The only way to place them with a library would be to make a Fs2002 style library (with FsRegen) and then place them with tweaked API macros to get the LayerCall right. But that is not something I would advice :).