1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[FS9] Autogen buildings disappear

Discussion in '3D Objects General' started by Gianni, 20/8/07.

1. Gianni

Gianni

austria
    hi,

not quite sure if this subforum is the right place to post for my specific question.

I noticed a strange problem with one of my scenery addons: The 3D-scenery objects (but ONLY the buildings) pop up in a certain distance, but they seem to have no textures. After let's say one second they disappear. Only the trees are remaining (fully textured).

I am not familiar with the autogen procedure of FS9. So what could be reason for this (I did not remove textures and did not modify any AGN-files AFAIK)?

greetz
    gianni
  2. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    Hi,

Do you mean that the objects that disappear are the autogen buildings? From your description it sounds most like you have a missing texture for these buildings.
  3. Gianni

Gianni

austria
    hi Arno,

what disappears are autogen objects like houses and churchs. The trees are remaining. It certainly has to do something with missing textures. But the objects do not stay untextured. They are vanishing.

gianni
  4. Gianni

Gianni

austria
    Problem solved!

The reason was that I missed to copy the requested textures from a specific scenery addon into the main textures folder. What I learned is that autogen obviously only shows objects with proper textures on them. If it does not find the textures it seems to 'erase' the objects.