1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FS9 FPs in FSX

Discussion in 'AI Flight Planner' started by bobbyjack, 6/5/09.

1. bobbyjack

bobbyjack

unitedstates
    Changed my mind. I guess I would like to know what eveybody thinks. We have always said that FS9 FPs cancel out the default FSX traffic file. I thought I knew what that ment, but maybe not. I thought it ment that all default traffic was gone. Is that correct? As I stated in another thread, I wrote a small FP with AIFP, compiled for FS9, and put it into FSX. Why did I use AIFP? well, I don't have Ttools on my FSX machine and it's been so long since I used it that I may not remember how(easy as it is.) No reason AIFP wouldn't write a proper FS9 file.

Any way, I went to one airport in the FP and sure enough, default traffic was gone. I let the sim run and came back a few hours later, and default traffic was all over the airport. I restarted the sim at the second airport(KLAX), and it was empty. Traffic Explorer told me there was default traffic all round me, just not at KLAX. After a while default planes started to land at KLAX. I get the feeling that if you install a large WOAI package, you would believe that default traffic was gone, because you would tend to go to the airports you installed traffic for. But is it? I went to an airpot outside of the FP and default traffic was there at startup. Is parking preference given to FS9 files, and because WOAI crowds so many planes in, that there is no room for default planes?

Why did my simple plan only stop default traffic from loading at start up, but allow them continue normaly after startup? And, yes, the plane I wrote the FP for was there.

Not a big deal for me. I don't use FS9 plans. I was experimenting. I was suprised.

Have I stayed too long at the fair? Have I lost my mind? Do I need another beer?

Bob
  2. jvile

jvile

Bob

All your questions have answers. What you are seeing is not new to some of us. In the past many would and will argue based on what they think they know and see and not what the code and research actually shows.

I stopped several years ago trying to explain to the masses that AI Planes can co-exsit in many different situations. Under different type circumstances all FP's are not created equally.

I populate my AI traffic world by visual sectors. I do not have to wait for the default FSX AI Traffic to show up like you see. On startup all my TTools traffic and my TDBB traffic spawn immediately. I showed that on the other post in pictures.

If your FP's are designed across the visual to nonvisual AI Zone sectors then the majority of the AI take precedence such as FSX converted type FP's. In time the lesser of the majority such as true TDBB FP's will start to appear at the visual boundary's. Its what I call the fly into the zone rather then spawn in the zone or fly to the airport rather then spawn at the airport.
  3. bobbyjack

bobbyjack

unitedstates
    I know of AI zone sectors, but nothing about them. And actually, my AI needs are so simple that I don't think I need to know. I have no need for real schedules. I've changed skins on the default traffic so that most of the time I see realworld traffic at my airports. That is plenty good for me. I only write plans for the airports I create and for a few simple repaints that I do, so I can have my own airline. So...I guess what I am seeing is not unusual.
    Interesting. But as I say, I don't use FS9 plans.

Bob