1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fs9 to fsx conversion

Discussion in 'Other' started by jetwelder, 20/3/11.

1. jetwelder

jetwelder Resource contributor

unitedkingdom
    bought and dl the virtavia lightning collection....used to be alphasim....

very nice it is.....it has a few minor glitches in fs9....but i would like to transfer it to fsx, where i have a lot of scenery that compliments this particular aircraft, and my interest in the cold war era....

it seems to work in fsx..no crashes or fsx warnings....the problem is it appears distorted...with a black bar at the bottom of screen....

but opening a new window.it appears normally...undocking the window,and expanding it on top of the first window,and it looks normal..it doesnt affect any of my other aircraft in fsx...ime running fsx/acc, w7 64...and updated shaders...any ideas?.....see image...jim

ive narrowed the problem down...by swapping the panel cfg...but leaving the bmps...with the fa18 cfg...the views are normal, apart from missing guages...the panel was built,using fs panel studio.......this is payware....ive paid....and this is entirely for my own amusement.......all my scenery addons are in fsx...and i dont use fs9 , although its still on my system....if i could find the equiv for fsx i would buy it......

any insights gratefully recieved......jim
    Last edited: 12/9/11
  2. jetwelder

jetwelder Resource contributor

unitedkingdom
    one problem solved....using its own panel cfg..and adjusting the y at the bottem of the cfg to 6142....guages need replacing, as they are no longer supported...some effects need fixing...but ime pleased with this package...jim