1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FSACARS type software for VA's

Discussion in 'Tools programming' started by Hector Davila, 19/3/08.

1. Hector Davila

Hector Davila

Its been a dream of mine, to create a system for VA's that is better than FSACARS. Basicaly, the program would do the same thing, but add extra stuff like the aircraft's flightpath, instead of there being a big baloon, there would be a plane. I would also want the program to send the landing info like 30ft per minute descent on touchdown and record al that info for pilots. so if you where to click on a link of some sort, it would show all the flights done by that person on the google earth map.The explanation is kinda confusing but I would like to know what programming language this sort of thing would be best made in. Obviously, I need to learn php, but for the program itself. Something like c++ or C#. I really have no programming knowledge whatsoever, but I would like to learn as I go.
  2. scruffyduck

scruffyduck Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

wales
    If you have no programming experience at all and have nevert been exposed to a programming language then you might like to consider C#. Although those who use C++ may not agree, C# is probably easier to use since the managed code takes care of some of the memory management and garbage collection issues that the programmer must ahdnle themselve in C++. The laternative would be Visual Basic. Both C# and Visual Basic are dotNET languages. If you had some experience of Basic then you might find Visual Basic easier (although it is quite different than older forms of Basic) otherwise take a look at C#. You can download Visual C# 2008 Express from Microsoft and use it for free.
    Last edited: 19/3/08