1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

.fsc format

Discussion in 'ModelConverterX' started by Maurizio G, 1/2/10.

1. Maurizio G

Maurizio G

italy
    Hi guys,
    i wanted to ask if the export format for FSDS (.fsc) is currently in progress... Since i am not so expert with GMAX i was wondering if it could be useful to have this feature (for me for sure it would be :) ) inside ModelConverterX. In this way it could be easier to retexturize the objects.
    thank so much
  2. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    Hi,

It is on the wishlist, but I have not yet started on coding it. I am still not 100% satisfied with the FSC importer, so I am not sure if I understand the FSC format well enough. But in the end I plan to add it.
  3. Maurizio G

Maurizio G

italy
    thank so much Arno! FSDS is a good program, pretty well intuitive tu use, and it allows very complex production.... I find GMAX very good but not so easy to use, at least for me. I tried to import an .fsc project in ModelconverterX and it seem to be read all properly. I really hope you can add the export feauture in this format in your wonderful and so useful program. An example of what you can do with FSDS....

http://blogfsx.forumfree.it/?t=45859369#lastpost

in not so long time....
  4. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    Hi,

The part that is not read in correctly yet is animations. But maybe I should not worry about that for now and just make an exporter that can at least save the geometry correctly.
  5. Maurizio G

Maurizio G

italy
    Yes, according to me the geometry is already a good feature. Animations, well, not a lot of the used objects have it. It's already very good when you have the shape inside FSDS and you can retexture or modify the object. I think that for a lot of people would be a fundamental feature. Your tool is an absolutely must have :)
  6. FelixFFDS

FelixFFDS

puertorico
    Arno - remember that users of FSDS are basically masochists.

Importing animations would be "nice" but we'd rather get a decent mesh/geometry.

Of course, that way I can really have the best of both worlds - create the mesh in FSDS, easily export to gmax or any other "real" modelling program, abuse it there, and bring back the sliced/diced/extruded mesh part back into FSDS.

:)