1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FSDS Models and animations

Discussion in 'ModelConverterX' started by Andy Carroll, 7/1/09.

1. Andy Carroll

Andy Carroll

unitedkingdom
    Hi Arno,

Using v0.55, loading an FSDS created FSX model results in no animations. I suspect this is due to the differences between GMAX and FSDS .x files (How I wish the .x files FSDS output where a little better structured!).

Does the latest beta version handle FSDS models compiled with XtoMdl any better than v0.55?.
  2. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    Hi Andy,

Since both FSDS and GMax use XtoMDL to make the actual MDL file, I would not expect that there are differences in the animation.

Maybe you can send me the MDL file for testing?
  3. Andy Carroll

Andy Carroll

unitedkingdom
    Will do, Arno. Thanks!
  4. atco

atco

ca-ontario
    I can send you the x file and the mdl Arno if that helps you.

What we found was that converting the x file with xtomdl into an FSX mdl - was the aircraft appeared nicely, and fully textured, but there were no animations - and in the 3D view it was not possible to move through the keyframes.

Model was created in FSDS 3.5.1.

Thanks for your assistance

Garry
  5. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    Hi,

I got the files. I'll look at them later. When you say put the X file through XtoMDL, are you sure the animations are in there at the moment? They have to be defined in the FSX way. If not that is why they might not appear in the preview.

At the moment exporting animations again from ModelConverterX does not work yet. That is the item I am working on at the moment.