1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fssc layering

Discussion in 'Airport Design General' started by RIDZ_YSSY, 28/12/06.

1. RIDZ_YSSY

RIDZ_YSSY

australia
    Hi i have made ground polygons for my scenery with my own textures but i have a problem it goes over my taxiways and aprons is there a way i can layer the polyogon under my taxiway and apron . Although there is a feature that lets you set the layer of your polygon it doesn't work ive tried .
    Last edited by a moderator: 28/12/06
  2. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    Hi,

The layer number you can specify in FSSC should be enough to give priority to your layers. But to get best results you should use layers numbers 4 apart. So for example you use layer 4 for the grass, then the aprons will be 8, etc.
  3. RIDZ_YSSY

RIDZ_YSSY

australia
    In fssc you cant even see the taxiways so you can layer them unlike scenegenx but then with scengenx you cant choose your own textures for polygons infact it doesnt even have a polygon feature . But with fssc you can choose your own textures but cant see the taxiways , aprons etc .I have just got a background image and cant layer the taxiways and aprons . Is there any other way? thanks for the help though :)
  4. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    Hi,

Ah, I think I understand your question now.

FSSC uses a completely different technique than the XML code for Fs2004 which SGX and AFCAD create. Scenery made with FSSC will always show on top of these XML scenery elements, it is simply impossible to change that.
  5. RIDZ_YSSY

RIDZ_YSSY

australia
    Ok thanks arno also for the quick replies:p looks like i have to start using a different program

cheers!