1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FSSS; Trying to merge sounds

Discussion in 'Sound' started by lionheart, 23/4/11.

1. lionheart

lionheart

us-arizona
    Hey all,

So, I am trying to create a hybrid 'electric' and combustion sound system to my plane. The sound is electric up to the 50% throttle point, and then from 51% on, its combustion, which is when the engine kicks in.

However, when dialing it in with FS Sound Studio (FSSS), I keep losing one of the sound sections.

At first, I tried with just the lower end motor, and high end Engine, and bypassed the two centers. It sounded brilliant on FSSS, but wouldnt work in FS9.

So I start over on a new file, this time using the same EMotor sound with the two first sound sections, and merge them nicely (close) and then overlap into the third, and leave third and fourth untouched. The first two 'turn off' or go silent for some reason. I hear a faint prop sound, but no motors. The stopped working.

Am I doing something wrong? I looked at the sound file config and nothing is in the negatives. (I didnt know if that was possible. With gauges, if you have a gauge go outside of the sheet, it sometimes will not work. I thought maybe this was the same).

Many thanks for any input.

Bill
    LHC