1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FSX: added aircraft not showing in display

Discussion in 'Other' started by José Bourgoignie, 3/11/06.

1. José Bourgoignie

José Bourgoignie

belgium
    Hi,

Let me explain. I installed the IFDG original A320 "AirOne"-livery for FSX and it's working fine. Then (because I am a Belgian fellow ;) and very soon Sabena will be back again I hope) I installed also the IFDG A320 Sabena for FS2004 in FSX and put the Panel and Sound maps of the original aircraft in the new folder. But the aircraft is not showing in the display... only an airccraft with a question-mark is shown. Can I change that and how ?
    For what concerns the Sabena IFDG... it works also perfect.

Greetz. José.

[​IMG]
    Last edited: 3/11/06
  2. jcboliveira

jcboliveira

portugal
    You need to add the thumbnail.jpg for the aircraft. Look in to a default aircraft texture folder and you will get the idea.

José
  3. José Bourgoignie

José Bourgoignie

belgium
    Hi,

There is only a Thumbs.db.
    I found an utility for making thumbnails. If I cannot use this Thumbs.db I can try to make a Thumbnail. Or... ?

Greetz. José.
  4. José Bourgoignie

José Bourgoignie

belgium
    Hi,

I downloaded the free software "Easy Thumbnail" and have now the picture of the Sabena in the display. The only thing you have to do is rename the file into "thumbnail" (and not tn_xyz). :)

For what concerns the Sabena: I received an e-mail from the author, saying that it's better to put the texture in the folder of the original A320 because the aircrft.cfg is adapted for FSX and the file Sabena not (see image: the windows of the aircraft are black). :rolleyes:

Greetz. José.
    Last edited: 3/11/06
  5. jcboliveira

jcboliveira

portugal
    What you need to do is take a shot, resize the image and give the name thumbnail.jpg it doesn't have nothing to do with windows file thumbs.db.

Regarding the windows, maybe the problem is the lack of texture fallback. In the texture directory you can find a texture.cfg, just copy this file to the folder that contains the new texture.

José
  6. José Bourgoignie

José Bourgoignie

belgium
    Hi,

The author wrote:

Well... I found it easier to use the program "Easy thumbnail" to make quickly the needed thumbnail.

Greetz. José.