1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FSX FSX Airport Scanner

Discussion in 'Airport Design Editor' started by skimmer, 14/4/12.

1. skimmer

skimmer

us-minnesota
    I have the ,Current Version is 1.0.0 FSX Airport Scanner (FAS) and what Im looking for is a more detailed instruction manual. Any suggestions please?
    Thank you.
  2. scruffyduck

scruffyduck Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

wales
    Ho and welcome to FS Developer

There is not any more than comes with the application. The current version is 1.00.03 you might want to get the update via Help > Check For Update

In any case please ask here for any information you need to run the app and we will do our best to answer
  3. skimmer

skimmer

us-minnesota
    understanding the FSx scanner

Thank you for the welcome. Heres where Im at,it all started at PHLI when I landed and got parking instructions from the tower to parking spot but when I repeated them I said (fuel). At the FSDT site it was suggested that I could have additional AFCAD and I should get the airport scanner and find out.

Now when I run the scan with show duplicates and show active scenery areas I get a list of PAHL,PHKO,PHLI,PHNL,and PHOG. AHL is part of a payware from Areosoft but all the others are from FSDt.

My problem is how do I know what a duplicate file will look like. I tried to find out by deleting HLI within the scanner and turned on fsx and went to the airport and it was all wrong,as in double runways and markings. Seeing this I knew I did not understand the procedure and exited fsx. I reinstalled the files for HLI within the scanner and went back to fsx and the airport was fine but read back instructions were still wrong.

Any help and thank you much.
  4. glottis

glottis

newzealand
    A duplicate file will be something like AF2_PHLI.bgl, not sure what FSDT will name theirs
    do you have any AI traffic addons at all, like TrafficX or My Traffic as some addons include airport afcads in their program, if you do then you need to find their file for PHLI,
    also have a look in the Addon Scenery/scenery folder to see if you have a file with a name "PHLI" in there
  5. Golf-HotelDelta

Golf-HotelDelta

unitedkingdom
    When it shows the list of duplicates, click on each one in turn and the path to the file is displayed in the "Path" box at the bottom of the dialog.
  6. chris

chris

indonesia
    That happens because the fuel stand (which is also a parking spot) is the first in line that's free (numerically).
    Change the parking spot number of the fuel stand with the highest numbered parking spot that's the same size.
  7. tgibson

tgibson

us-california
    And move it to the bottom of the parking listing in ADE.
  8. megs8888

megs8888

Airport Scanner

Hi i have Airport Scanner and its version 1.00.00 i see there is a 1.00.03 version where can i get this please ? I have checked via the update section within the program but it informs me i have the latest update.thanks Wayne
  9. scruffyduck

scruffyduck Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

wales