• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX Database for LOM 2.00

Country
us-washington
Having no success trying to import files; thus no database.

If I go to BGLXML separately and input files they will convert to xmls with no problems. But how do I get the LOM to do the same? And then does the Scenery Maker work in FSX also?

What happens is that I go to Import-File Type-Library-Folder; then I make a path to Scenery-Global-Scenry where the various BGL files are located, after clicking Process I get a popup stating:

Obj reference not set to an instnce of an object
Void saveButton_ etc etc etc

But if I do the same thing independently with BGLXML they will decompile to xmls. And I vainly tried to manually enter these files (by placing the xmls into the various programs files within LOM like EZ, RW12, etc) but I really don't have a good grasp of how these files interface with this (LOM) program (zero programming skills). Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Taalspin
________
A7

Last edited:

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Have you set the the Bglxml folder correctly in the Folder Settings window?

Also do you have the latest version of BglXml?

LOM Version 2.00 works with FSX objects (i.e. those found in FSX default libraries) Scenery created by Version 1 using scenery maker should work in FSX.

Country
us-washington
Folder settings: Have the path to my BGLXML folder where bgl2Xml.exe lies.

And have FS Folder path to just the Microsoft Flight Simulator X folder; the generic files being in a different place than FS9.

Have installed your 2.000.61015.01 (BETA) with the below update
jmBaseSimLib.dll 4/27/2007
plus these
jmfsLib.dll 5/21/2006
jmFlightSimLib.cll 5/21/2006

And default Libraries you mean:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\Global \scenery

You also have folders for rw12, sbuilder, library, etc. are those for the xmls? And if so then I could manually decompile airport_objects, animals, bridges, buildings etc and put that into a fsx scenery folder in your program. I've had little experience with objects and find it difficult to assimulate.
________
vaporizer reviews

Last edited:

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
You mention Bgl2Xml - that is a different program than BglXml. The latest version that you need is 1.8

I think the answers to a lot of your questions are actually in the LOM manual.

You should not be adding or changing any dll libraries for LOM 2.00 it comes with everything you need. Please make sure to have a clean install from the zip file only

Country
us-washington
Yes, Bgl2Xml is a different program from BglXml but on my computer the Bgl2Xml is in a BglXml folder and therefore I figured that was the correct program. However, after downloading BglXml 1.8 the various (FSX) defalut libraries work fine.

As to your suggestion that the LOM manual would provide the necessary info., I would strongly suggest you update this document. At least for anywon who may not have a strong understanding of objects; either the data base itself or the placement of them; the manual seems to be very conflicting and confusing. Maybe for someone who has used this program in FS9, the transition would not be so difficult.

Perhaps the reason why I have spent so much time trying to unravel this program is largely due to this program having the capacity of distinguishing between authors, and categories. So if one were to want to go to just bridges, this program provides this capability. It also could be used as a cross reference so if I can figure out how to get the SDK to start bringing up object placement then your program would help to zero in on whatever object I wish to use. However, in trying to import from rw12, all the categories got knocked out plus no files from rw12 got in. So then I had to use the bulk category to at least get the FSX defaults back to what they were before.

As to changing the LOM 2.00 program, I was just showing that I had updated it by adding the newest jmFlightSimLib.dll and then just stated what the other two dlls were. Somehow I thought that your (latest updates for) SDETestApp was part of the LOM 2.00 and SM programs, but I guess it is only used on the ADE and on your BGL2XML gui and BGL2SML command prompt line.

Thanks for the help,

Taalspin
________
Yamaha XT550

Last edited: