1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[FSX] Drawcall Batching with default objects.

Discussion in '3D Objects General' started by fightingpenguinz, 14/3/12.

1. fightingpenguinz

fightingpenguinz

unitedstates
    Hey all,

I've read most of the posts regarding drawcall batching here on the forums, but had some questions about the default objects.

I have placed some light poles and telephone poles from the default autogen library and was wondering if these would be batched or if they have LODs?

Same with autogen vegetation that I have placed manually, will these batch?

Also, I have many GenericBuildings for hangars placed at my airport, all of the same "type", will these be batched or not? I don't think these have LOD's.

If not, I think I'll take the extra time to make some more models and save some drawcalls. Thanks!

- Cliff
  2. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    Hi,

It seems most autogen objects have LODs, but when I examined the files it seems they have been compiled so that the drawcall batching will work (and the LODs will thus not work). So I would expect you have the benefit of the batching.

Not sure about the generic buildings. These are not MDL objects, they are generated by the rendering engine at runtime. I would expect these are also optimized for drawcall batching, but I don't know.
  3. fightingpenguinz

fightingpenguinz

unitedstates
    Thanks for the reply, Arno. That's good news!

- Cliff