• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX material settings

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
In the lastest development build I have started to implement more of the FSX specific material settings. Currently they should all be read from the FSX MDL file when importing. But I still have to do some things before this improvements it completely finished:

• Add proper descriptions of the properties that will be shown in the Material Editor dialog when viewing or editing a material.
  • Change the X file writer so that all of these properties are written correctly as well. So that means that at the moment you can change the settings, but on export not all of them are supported.
  • Make sure they have proper default values (used when importing from SCASM or other formats that don't have so many options for materials).

PS. While I write this I realize that not all of the flags in the material (that are the options like double sided, assume vertical normal, etc) are properly read in. I will take a look at that soon as well.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Today I have fixed the problems with not all settings being read and also the default values are correct. But the X writer still does not export them.