1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FSX Pushback Trucks - Tug Unable to Move

Discussion in 'Other' started by olseric, 29/10/07.

1. olseric

olseric

us-wisconsin
    Hi all-

Ran into an issue today with Wilco's Airbus Volume 2. The pushback trucks were not working on the 340s and you would get the message: "This aircraft can not be moved by the tug".

I traced the issue back to the 3rd main landing gear (center). Apparently, the sim thought that was the nose gear and therefore, couldn't execute a push back.

The simple fix in this case was to swap the center gear entry and the nose gear entry, making the nose entry the LAST entry in the list. Aside from then adjusting the longitudinal position so the truck attached correctly, it works like a charm.

Just food for thought for any other aircraft you may run into this issue with...start by checking for any configuration other than standard tricycle gear.
  2. guidos

guidos

Hi Olseric
    I have the same problem. Can you specify how to fix this since i have no idea how to mod in FSX.
    You help is greatly appreciated.
  3. olseric

olseric

us-wisconsin
    Simple fix: open your aircraft.cfg file for the A340 and swap point.0 and point.3. Just copy point.0 and put it below point.2, then take point.3 and put it at the top. Then rename them so point.3 becomes point.0 and point.0 becomes point.3 (they should now be in numerical order). This will fix the push problem.

Now, the next issue, the truck doesn't line up right because the reference is WAY off. Change the 2nd value in point.3 to 91.00 for the A346 and 69.00 for the A343. Now the truck will line up.

I didn't flight test it yet, but I don't think that should be an issue...if anything, the gear will actually "sit" ON the visual location of the gear now and not mid-belly as it was.

--EDIT--

I'm also running a few test runs to fix the fuel flow on the 330's...as it stands, it burns about 20K lbs/hr when in reality, it should be closer to around 13K lbs/hr.
  4. guidos

guidos

Thank you for that. Just took of from Gatwick and it works perfect.