1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FSX: Rotorua Government Gardens (Landmark Buildings)

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by Timmo, 26/11/07.

1. Timmo

Timmo

newzealand
    Hi Everyone- Ive just uploaded this to Avsim

If you have ever travelled to New Zealand then you have probably visited the tourist town of Rotorua (my home town). If you have visited Rotorua then you would have likely visited the Goverment Gardens! This area in the centre of Rotorua has a lot of very beauttiful buildings which are important in NZ history.

Ive modelled these, as well as the Rotorua District Council Chambers and Rotorua Convention Centew and included some high resolution imagery for good measure. This scenery was created for a presentation I did at the NZ ESRI GIS user conference which was held at the Rotorua Convention Centre to showcase a different approach to GIS visualisation using FSX (and then about a week later MS announced ESP!....obviously they stole my idea :p)

Make sure to download my Tarawera scenery which includes a 5m mesh covering this area and Robin Corns photoreal Rotorua (Search on Avsim for 'Tim Barnes' and 'Robin Corn' respectively)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. MichaelD

MichaelD

us-texas
    WOW!

Those are absolutely beautiful models. I will definitely download them from Avsim.

Thanks for showing them off!

-Michael