1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fsx Server Control Tool!

Discussion in 'Tools programming' started by mike121, 17/11/08.

1. mike121

mike121

australia
    hey guys.. I use a dedicated server on fsx via gamespy. It is through a company so I do not have any access to the server. I was wondering if someone has developed or can develop a server control tool.. which allows me to kick/ban people. any feed back will be greatly appreciated:)

thanks
  2. Baz

Baz

Hi

I did start on building a controller earlier in the year but due to no feedback i dropped the development.
    What i had at the time was based on a server which would run as if it were a player hosting a game.
    This means having a server with a good graphics card which a lot of server companies do not seem to provide.
    Basic onboard motherboard/graphics is all most will allow.
    Saying that provided it meets the minimum requirments for the sim it does not really matter (no-one is going to be looking at it).
    Unless of course anyone has discovered if there is a dedicated server setting.
    But i guess thats Microsoft, they like to screw things up, probably they have to get games/sims onto the shop shelves and mess up trying to get them there.
    CFS, 2 & 3 were also totally bugged when it came to a dedicated server.
    As for FSX looking at the API seems to show a rather old application that has an awfull lot of redundant/modified code.

However i did manage to get something going hence the original message, there is still a long way to go with it but as there was no feedback that was as far as i got.

If there is enough interest then i could always continue the controller.

Please note that i do not play the SIM that often here so there maybe other developments out there going on which i know nothing about.
  3. mike121

mike121

australia
    reply. to server tool

ah ok cool.. I am very interested in this tool and would be very greatfull if you could finish it.. we can also pay you :)