1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FSX to FS9 Textures Messed Up

Discussion in 'ModelConverterX' started by olseric, 15/10/09.

1. olseric

olseric

us-wisconsin
    Hi all-

First, Arno, thanks so much for this program. It has some great potential to developers!

The problem I'm having is related to textures. I can convert an FSX model to use in FS9 without issue, but the problem is related to FSX using a DDS texture. I converted the texture to a 32-bit BMP and changed it in MCX to match using the Material Editor, but the textures seem to be way off now.

I checked the original DDS and the new BMP, both of which are identical other than the format.

Any thoughts or ideas as to what would cause this?
  2. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    Hi Eric,

You might have to vertically flip the texture when going from DDS to BMP. Does it look like the texture is upside down now?

Let me know if that does not fix it, then we'll search further to see if it is a bug somewhere.
  3. olseric

olseric

us-wisconsin
    Hi Arno,

No, it appears that the texture is the correct direction (oddly enough, there is some writing in the texture that is appearing correctly).

I have another idea though related to the MakeMDL process. Lemme get back to you here in a few mins...

-----EDIT-----

Flipping did the trick. The funny thing was, the sign was in the same location flipped or not, so it didn't occur to me.

Thanks again, Arno. :)
    Last edited: 15/10/09