1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FSX won't Load

Discussion in 'Airport Design Editor' started by richard64, 10/4/08.

1. richard64

richard64

wales
    I am not sure what I did if anything, but I was placing a runway and taxiway and after adding the runway link a thin RED stripe appeared either side of the runway link line and the taxiway line.
    ADE saved and compiled as normal and I added the bgl to my active folder, but FSX will only load to 6% before the closing down.
    I have deleted both the ADE bgl and the active folder bgl and started again but although the red stripes are not there FSX refuses to load.

HELP!!!

Regards
    Richard
  2. scruffyduck

scruffyduck Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

wales
    Do you have any terrain bgl or just the airport bgl?
  3. richard64

richard64

wales
    Yes Jon I have poly Flatten Exclude Autogen as well.
  4. scruffyduck

scruffyduck Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

wales
    Did you remove that one also?

Again sometimes FSX hangs if it gets short of memory. If removing both bgl files does not work then consider a re-boot and try again
  5. richard64

richard64

wales
    Well the only way I could get FSX to load was by deleting the entire active folder, so obviously something is going on that FSX doen't like.

R
  6. gsnde

gsnde

germany
    Richard,

If you have deleted a scenery folder, and FSX is runing again, make sure that you create a new folder with an identical name very soon.

I have never seen proof of the saying which goes that if FS ever gets out of synch between scenery folders and scenery.cfg, your only chance is a complete reinstall.
    Still it is obviously not something you want to temper with longer than needed.

As soon as you have recreated the folder you just deleted, the scenery.cfg and the folder reality are in synch again, no matter if there are any files in it.
  7. richard64

richard64

wales
    OK have re created the folder and put some building bgl's and textures in it.
    Am going to try and create my airfield again.

Fingers and every other suitable part of my anotomy crossed.