• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX GE View: Google Earth viewer for FSX thru P3D v3

Country
pakistan
Hi Bob,
Thank you for reply. I have no Idea about the GE desktop client. Is this the main Google Earth Application which we have been using for several years or some think else? If something else then Please post a hyperlink to this application.

Country
thailand
I have no Idea about the GE desktop client. Is this the main Google Earth Application which we have been using for several years
It's the main Google Earth product and is run using earthproxy.exe instead of earth.html

Take a look at this post for info on how to run it.

Bob

Country
pakistan
Hi Bob,
As the GE plug in has gone, I have started using FSX with GE client, but it doesn't run smoothly and steadily as it used to be in the QT web browser. Is this a general problem or specific to my system?

Country
thailand
It's possible that your Google Earth Fly-To Speed needs adjustment. Please refer to these responses (#7 and #8).

Google Earth Fly-To Speed can be set by going to Tools - Options - Navigation and adjusting the slider bar. I set mine to 3.9000 and it looks fine.

Country
ca-quebec
@rpmc:

I am happily using the version of EarthProxy that was attached to post #6 in this thread on July 15, 2016. It's running fine on FSX Steam Edition.

So, since then have you (or Robbie McElrath?) had a chance to furrther develop EarthProxy? For example, I think there was a possibility of adding point-of-view control via the Hat Switch.

Any information would be appreciated. I think a lot more people would love to discover EarthProxy, even in its current state.

Country
thailand
@rpmc:

I am happily using the version of EarthProxy that was attached to post #6 in this thread on July 15, 2016. It's running fine on FSX Steam Edition.

So, since then have you (or Robbie McElrath?) had a chance to furrther develop EarthProxy? For example, I think there was a possibility of adding point-of-view control via the Hat Switch.

Any information would be appreciated. I think a lot more people would love to discover EarthProxy, even in its current state.
An update will be out very soon. Robbie is making some final changes to the new HttpX.dll module (v.2.0) now, and after that, we will be ready to go.

With HttpX 2.0, 360 degree pan view of the Google Earth image controlled by the HAT switch is possible. Here's a screenshot showing the Google Earth view on take-off at Frankfurt am Main (EDDF) while pushing the joystick HAT switch to the right. The 3D building elevation views are remarkable.

upload_2017-2-28_9-39-13.jpeg

If you would like, send me a pm and I'll shoot you the new files so you can give it a test for me.

Thanks,

Bob

A note on the gauge development side:

HttpX.dll v.2.0 provides full duplex read/write capability of Flight Simulator variables and events across the panel set each update cycle via http protocol. It accommodates number and string values from A: (read), C: (read/write), E: (read), L: (read/write), and P:Variables (read) and K:Key Events (write). It does not read .MDL exclusive L:Vars. HttpX works with FSX, FSX-SE and P3D thru v2, but not FS9.

Since browsers primarily use http, HttpX enables development of web pages that communicate with Flight Simulator. Applications such as web browser/tablet/smart phone based HTML-JavaScript gauges, MFDs, GPS, and GE View are possible. I also like to mention a related project, WebSimConnect by Marcin Lizer. It’s advanced and broad in scope, and a visit to WebSimConnect.webs.com is worthwhile.

Last edited:
Country
thailand
not working with p3dv3. but maybe you just know
I didn't know that. I only have P3D v2. We will try to check into v3 and see what's up. Bob

[EDIT] - HttpX 2.0 and EarthProxy 1.2 are working correctly in P3D v.3.4. Bob

Last edited:
Country
spain
First, I want to thank Robbie and Bob for offering us this great development which is spectacular, although I have no exit in running it.
I have followed all the instructions that Robbie wrote helping us to install EarthProxy but it does not work for me. I am running WINDOWS 7 64 BITS SP1 with FSX SP2 and Google Earth Desktop client 7.1.5 but when I try to connect FSX with GE I get this message:

http://localhost:10023/update.kml (HTTP 500 internal server error)

In GE I only get a kml place named Flight Simulator Tracker, but no more movement and no action at all. Only the Earth sphere.
I am running FSX in windowed mode with 3 monitors in EYEFINITY mode from my ATI RADEON RX 460 2 GB, in case it could be the problem.
I would appreciate some help, if you can.
Thank you very much

José

Country
thailand
Try entering a different Proxy Port number, like 20023 instead of the default 10023 before clicking Start.

Bob

Country
spain
Thanks, Bob, for your quick response. I have tried several ports, but no success. I don´t know if it has something to do with my Windows firewall or something like that. If you don´t mind, perhaps, you could give me some help about it.
Thanks a lot,
José

Last edited:
Country
thailand
Jose,

After you verify that HttpX.dll loaded correctly (Flight Sim should have asked for your permission to load that module the first time you tried it), then try this:

1. Open flight sim and start a flight. You don't need to be flying, just stopped on the runway when the sim starts is ok. Then, with the flight still going, open your web browser and copy and paste this into the URL bar:
Code:
http://localhost:54321/?vars=%28A:plane altitude,feet%29

Hit enter or refresh the page and let me know if anything shows up on the web page.

2. If that works, open a new blank page in your browser, then copy and paste this into the URL bar:
Code:
http://localhost:10023/

Substitute 10023 with whatever port is in the "Proxy Port" field in EarthProxy. Hit enter then please let me know what shows up.

Bob

Country
spain
Hi, Bob:

I appreciate your efforts, but I have verified that HttpX.dll does not load when I start FSX. I have checked that the dll is in the right place (Modules) and I have tried other configuration in my dll.xml file, which is this:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
   <Descr>Launch</Descr>
   <Filename>dll.xml</Filename>
   <Disabled>False</Disabled>
   <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
   <Launch.Addon>
       <Name>FeelThere EJetX Helper</Name>
       <Path>FeelThere\E170\EJetH.dll</Path>
   </Launch.Addon>
   <Launch.Addon>
       <Name>VistaMare Core</Name>
       <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
       <Path>VistaMare\ViMaCoreX.dll</Path>
   </Launch.Addon>
   <Launch.Addon>
       <Name>SODE Animation Module</Name>
       <Path>C:\FSX\Sode\SimObjectAnimationModule.dll</Path>
   </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>carenavigraph</Name>
    <Path>.\carenavigraph.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>CMeteoXml</Name>
    <Path>.\CMeteoXml.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>HttpX</Name>
    <Path>Modules\HttpX.dll</Path>
    <DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
    <DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
  </Launch.Addon>

But the Module HttpX does not load, so I think that this is the issue. Thus, when I try to do the first instruction you had told me, I only get a cannot connect web page.
Sorry to give you all this problems and a lot of work, but I am very interested in GE VIEW because it´s the best Addon you can get for FSX. A really impresive work.
Thank you very much for your help,
José

Country
thailand
Yes, failure of HttpX.dll to load is a fatal problem for EarthProxy/GE View. Is the last line of your dll.xml
Code:
</SimBase.Document>
That was missing from the code you posted. Check that first.

Then, I would suggest:

1. Check the location of HttpX.dll - that it's in a folder named Modules which is in the root FSX directory.

2. Check that your dll.xml is in the same location that FSX created.

3. Lastly, download HttpX.dll again and replace your existing HttpX.dll with the new one. Perhaps your current HttpX.dll file is corrupt somehow.

Flight Sim will ask your permission to load HttpX.dll the first time you try it. That way, you will know that it is loaded. If you are never asked permission to load HttpX.dll, then scrutinize your dll.xml for typo errors, etc.

And, please verify that you are running FSX, not FS9. This doesn't work with FS9.

Bob

Example dll.xml
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>

<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
    <Descr>Launch</Descr>
    <Filename>dll.xml</Filename>
    <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>

<Launch.Addon>
        <Name>HttpX</Name>
        <Path>Modules\HttpX.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>
        <Name>XMLTools</Name>
        <Path>Modules\XMLTools3D.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>

</SimBase.Document>

The example dll.xml, above, shows installation of the XMLTools3D.dll module also. Don't worry about that for now, XMLTools is not needed for EarthProxy v.1.0 that you are running. However, it will be needed to run EarthProxy v.1.1 (the 360 degree pan view version) which will be released fairly soon.

Last edited:
Country
spain
It works! Yes, you were right: the last tag in the dll.xml code was missing, so all the Modules cannot work. I thank you so much for all your help and support and I am looking forward for EarhtProxy v. 1.1 to be released soon. Great job!
José

Country
ca-quebec
Sightseeing in the Robinson, using version 1.1 of Robbie's EarthProxy:

Attachments

• geview3.png
    geview3.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,714
Country
unitedstates
Was wondering if anyone else has had this problem. Earthproxy links fine with my FSX SP2 and Earth Desktop. What I'm experiencing is that the second either Earth or Earthproxy are started, FSX loses both my yoke and rudder pedals and I am left with just my mouse. Plugging and unplugging (they are both USB based) does not re-engage them with FSX as is typically the case when the earth programs are not being utilized. I've tried loading the three softwares in different sequences, and the joystick control in earth is disabled, all without any luck. Any insight into my issue would be most appreciated. I firmly believe that this world mapping / 3d terrain is truely the future for flight simming, but I won't do it with just a mouse....

thanks, Brian

Country
belgium
this is stunning i love it!!! :)
if the futur is to get our plane inside GE it's gone be a blast!

Country
pakistan
plz any one tell me which is the recent version of earth proxy for GE client?

Attachments

• Earth Proxy.txt
    287 bytes · Views: 663