• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Introducing Development Release 3.4.3.14(b)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
For those who might find the new features useful, AIFP Development Release 2.1.26(n), available from http://stuff4fs.com, contains two new features.

1. Now, in the absence of any other specific "seek" criteria, AIFP will open the Substitute window with aircraft matching the Callsign specified in the flight plan archive being installed.
  2. A number of Aircraft List housekeeping functions have been collected in a new dialog Aircraft / Validate/Consolidate - which you would probably want to run upon completion of editing. These functions are individually selectable from that dialog and AIFP remembers your selections.

Barring major problem reports, I anticipate general release of AIFP 2.1.27 in a few days.

Don

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Earlier today I was advised in another forum of a serious issue with AIFP. Cruise speeds were half what they should be when loading traffic files.

This is a very mysterious error. This area of code hasn't been touched in over a year. It has been working fine until now. The problem was that the Windows Encode.GetString function is no longer able to extract the "flag" from the traffic file that told AIFP to double the cruise speed (which it had halved on compile). The routine that calls Encode.GetString is AIFP1 original code.

The most recent series of Windows updates addresses "security risks" in NET.Framework 3.5 and they appear to have "broken" Encode.GetString. Fortunately, I am able to work-around the issue.

AIFP Development Release 2.1.26(p), available from http://stuff4fs.com fixes.

Hopefully, there are no other surprises.

Don

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
AIFP Version 2.1.27 is available.

This update mainly fixes some bugs in Version 26 that escaped detection prior to release. However it does contain a couple minor enhancements. Please refer to the included Version History for details.

This update should be automatically detected and downloaded the next time you run AIFP. If not, it can be downloaded by visiting my website http://stuff4fs.com and navigating to the AIFP page.

Don

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
I have just posted Release 2.1.28.

This update fixes a few residual bugs. As well, it contains the following new features:
  • delete associated flight plans when deleting an aircraft,
  • reroute traffic (when, for example, an airport closes and is replaced by one with a different ICAO),
  • "kill" airport (suppress display of airport in FlightSim),
  • open merged traffic files,
  • identify airports visited by selected aircraft, and
  • add parking redius to report of which aircraft visit a selected airport.
Please refer to the included Version History for further information.

This update should be automatically detected and downloaded the next time you run AIFP. If not, it can be downloaded by visiting my website http://stuff4fs.com and navigating to the AIFP page.

Don

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Version 2.1.28 introduced two new features cross-referencing airports and aircraft in a user-selected collection of traffic files. It didn't take long for someone to request similar capability for currently loaded flight plans.

Development Release 2.1.28(b), available from http://stuff4fs.com, adds a feature under the Airports menu to determine which airports are visited by the selected aircraft. The complementary function, i.e., which aircraft visit a particular airport, may easily be determined from the existing Timetable feature.

Enjoy,
Don

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Somewhere between Version 2.1.28 -which is OK- and 2.1.28(c) - which isn't - I introduced a bug in the Find Unused Aircraft logic such that if you asked for deletion of those aircraft, all the used aircraft were deleted instead.

The issue has been fixed in the latest AIFP Development Release available at http://stuff4fs.com.

Have a great weekend, all,
Don

Country
england
Don

I have been looking at the messages on "Missing Aircraft" and downloaded the appropriate MAIW file. I download my files to a temp then copy across when I convert the flightplans to FSX format.
I came across the following error.
When I open the FS9 flightplan I get a flight validation report I then do the necessary correction and compile. I then open another flightplan again getting the file validation report which still contains the previous report
An example is:
Open Glang1 validation report says Flight plan 9 Leg 08 Departure etc

open Glang2 Validation report says Flight plan 9 Leg 08 Departure scheduled
etc Flight plan 1 Leg 8 Departure scheduled etc

I can confirm that, in Glang2flight plan 9 only contains 6 legs

Dave

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Thanks for the report, David.

In the previous development, I reworked the message processing to allow printing of all list-type messages. Unfortunately, I neglected to ensure the message buffer was cleared before every use. I've just posted a new development release at http://stuff4fs.com that corrects this.

Don

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
I have just posted Release 2.1.29. It fixes a few residual bugs and adds a couple minor new features. Please refer to the included Version History for further information.

The release has been well tested by several AIG flight planners and reportedly is the most stable release to date.

Release 2.1.29 should be automatically detected and downloaded the next time you run AIFP. If not, it can be downloaded by visiting my website http://stuff4fs.com and navigating to the AIFP page.

Don

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Shortly after release of AIFP 2.1.29, an AIG user experienced a day-1 problem that generated an exception and prevented aircraft substitution.

The exception occurred if AIFP encountered an aircraft.cfg [fltsim.x] item containing a single double-quote (e.g., atc_airline="). This situation is rare and, presumably, unintentional - which is why the issue has remained hidden for so long.

I have re-released 2.1.29 as 2.1.29 (Updated). The new release should be automatically detected the next time you run AIFP. If it's not, it can be downloaded from http://stuff4fs.com as the AIFP Latest Release.

Don

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Not much to go on. These types of problems are generally the result of errors in airport design. If the flight is appearing for departure when it shoul , then the traffic file is OK. It's up to FlightSim after that.

Don

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
I have just posted Release 2.1.30. It fixes a few residual bugs and adds some new functionality. Please refer to the included Version History for further information.

I am a little uncomfortable making this release at this time since I will be away from my development system for almost the full month of October and, hence, unable to support it. On the other hand, a couple of day-1 bugs with potential significant effect have been reported in Release 2.1.29, so I don't want to unnecessarily extend its life. But, I do suggest you back-up your current "aifp2.exe" and revert to it should the new release have unexpected problems. (If you do have to revert, uncheck Options/Check for Updates at Startup.)

The two issues of note in 2.1.29 that you may wish to address are:
  • failure of the compiler to substitute FSX airports for their FS9 counterparts when FS9 flight plans or traffic files are (re)compiled for FSX, and
  • problem collecting FS9 airports whereby the last airport in each FS9\scenery\...\AP_....bgl was missed.
Release 2.1.30 has a traffic file "recompile" routine that will substitute FSX airports for their FS9 counterparts in those files where it didn't happen initially. As well, if you can't find/specify certain airports that you know exist in FS9, re-collecting airports may help.

Release 2.1.30 should be automatically detected and downloaded the next time you run AIFP. If not, it can be downloaded by visiting my website http://stuff4fs.com and navigating to the AIFP page.

Don

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Sorry to do this to you again, folks.

There's a bug in 2.1.30 that causes erronerous messages to be issued when FS9 files are converted to FSX and that fails to add the "_FSX" suffix to the converted filename. Despite this, files already converted with 2.1.30 should be OK.

I've just posted to stuff4fs.com an updated version named 2.1.30 (Updated). It should be detected the next time you run AIFP. If not, it can be downloaded by visiting my website http://stuff4fs.com and navigating to the AIFP page.

Just a reminder. I will soon be leaving my development system for an extended period and unable to provide any support. Hopefully, nothing catastrophic will be discovered before I return.

Don

Heretic

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Just a "by the way": Thank you for AIFP!

The error hunting capabilities are very useful (most of the time) and enabled me to fix more than one flight plan I was about to install!

Return soon, Don:)!
Hope you will not find it as difficult as I do to be banished for some time from being able to try out the multiple updates to various essential programs.

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
At long last, I have released Version 2.2.01, which includes the new traffic and parking analyser, several fixes for bugs in 2.1.30 and a couple other minor enhancements.

Now, when an AI aircraft doesn't appear when you think it should, or it doesn't park where you think is should, the traffic and parking analysis functions - initiated from the Files menu on both the Main Panel and the FP Editor - can help you understand why.

The Version 2.2.01 update should be automatically detected the next time you start AIFP. Alternately, you may download the new version from http://stuff4fs.com.

Enjoy,
Don

Country
us-alabama
Missing Option in AI Flight Planner Version 2.2.01

Ok, I just downloaded and installed the new AI Flight Planner Version 2.2.01, and I have a question.

What happened to the option under Files that said "Identify Missing Aircraft in Traffic Files"?

Has this been moved, or is it not an option anymore? I use this option a lot when I update/replace aircraft.

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
As noted in PLEASE READ ME BEFORE INSTALLING.pdf in the archive, some of the traffic file functions have been moved to the Traffic Analyser. This is one of those functions. It is in the Traffic Analyser/Aircraft menu. It has been renamed List Required Aircraft Not Installed and documented in Section 11.4 of the User Manual.

Don

Status
Not open for further replies.