• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Generating an updated fs10.AircraftTypes.csv

pjk

Country
unitedstates
Hi,

I have over 3700 aircraft in my FSX and would like to generate random traffic using TDBB. However, when I use the SDK function, I generate only default aircraft (You know, World Travel, Orbit, Pacifica, etc...). That is because my aircraft list (the csv file) is the default one that came with the SDK.

I have used AIFP, but find it extremely time consuming when trying to "busy-up" a custom airport. A lot of that is due to having to manually parse through that massive list of aircraft, trying to discern which ones are appropriate for the route I am creating.

I would like to know if there is any way to generate a comprehensive AircraftTypes file without hand writing all 3700 new aircraft into the default file; something equivalent to the SDK tool, "Dump Airport List" but for aircraft.

Any suggestions?

Country
ca-ontario
FSX Aircraft CSV Creator

Hi,

I have created a utility for my own use to generate new fs10.AircraftType.csv files. The list is based on the content of your \Simobjects\Airplanes directory. Once the listing is created you have the option of editing the list before the .csv file is created. If you'd like to try it email me directly at dwestbury@rogers.com and I'll send you a copy. No guarantees, it does the job for me and it may be what you're looking for.

Cheers,

Dave W

Last edited:
Country
unitedstates
A few thoughts;

Are all your 3700 planes AI? As you, know user planes don't always make good AI.

Someone here developed a random FP generator for FS9 that works. Sfrenchie was his handle. Doesn't work for FSX because of different file structures. I think you should go that route; develope an FP generator for FSX. The TDBB has limitations.

Bob