• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSXA gimp question

Country
unitedstates
It does . Let me see...

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/GIMP/Installing_Plugins#Copying_the_plugin_to_the_GIMP_plugin_directory

Havent added plugins in over a year. almost forgot how to do it lol

If you dont see the plugins folder, you can make one named "plug-ins" but it should be under lib.

C:\Program Files (x86)\gnome\lib\gimp\2.0\plug-ins
I switched to gimpshop so i cant confirm the directory is 100% but it should be almost the same as above

If using GimPhoto or GimpShop, it should be similar.

Gimpshop it is C:\Program Files (x86)\GimpShop\lib\gimp\2.0\plug-ins

Last edited:
Country
us-washington
Thanx. I have a friend of mine who uses Gimp. I wanted to have him get Metrix - a free plug-in and see if it will work in Gimp. Bob

Country
us-washington
http://www.jnrubin.net/psi/

This is a neat little plug in. It samples a color and transfers it. A bit easier to use - I think - than color replacer tools etc. Anyway- a dandy little tool. Free.

It has a yearly timer on it. Some time in January each year it stops working and you have to go back to his website to re download. Not much of a hassle. You can share with people but Josh asks that you get it from the site instead .... as a courtesy.

Basically (you can use just one bmp if you want to but) open two bmps. Let's say or your photoreal and another one which might be for fall or spring (screenshot template). Call this template pic A and the bmp pic B.

In your paint program.... open up both A and B. choose select (the little marching ants square or lasso ) on pic A and select a portion of it for the basic color you are looking for. Now call up Metrix (in PSP I choose -effects- plug ins- Metrix) - make sure to click analyze and then ok. The marching ants freeze momentarily then start marching again. done. NOW - go to Pic B and choose... perhaps.... lasso with edge finder an draw around where you want to make color changes, double click to close the edge finder poly. find Metrix again and make sure you choose 'apply' this time, click ok. Wait a sec and the change is made, and done very nicely. I've used magic wand in the past but it kind of leave a mottled look and you have to mess with tolerance too much.

Give it a try. Let me know if it works in Gimp. it does work in many Photoshop versions, and PSP and the older Jasc psp. Bob

Country
unitedstates
ill have to give it a whiz. i could have used this about a week ago but suffered doing it by hand. lol
the plugin for photoshop works for gimp?
dumb question lol

Country
us-washington
What chu doin' here when the game is about to start? My excuse is we only have Netflix right now- seeing as how we spent 99% of our tv time on Netflix and not cable so we dumped cable. :( Oh well.

Yeah- see if Metrix works in Gimp. If it does... wonderful. Bob (BTW- I gave better instructions on how to than Josh does. ) <--- cuz I am sooooo good- you all may kiss my ring now! Bwahahahaha. I'll take a pizza and a 6 pack and a 3 day vacation, thank yooooo! :) bob

Country
unitedstates
Im sure there are 'alternate' ways of waching the broncos' whoop up on some Seahawks.

I know what Im having for dinner, a seahawk and a beer! :coffee: They will be done shortly :teacher:
Where did the beer mug go? or am i confusing with another forum?

Heretic

Resource contributor
Country
germany
*Ahem*...;)
http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/gimp-and-metrix.425032/

But never fear!
In addition to Adobe Photoshop, Metrix can be used with any Windows program
that hosts Photoshop plug-ins, including Photoshop Elements, Illustrator,
After Effects, CorelDRAW!, Paint Shop Pro, and Freehand. It can also be used
with certain versions of 3D Max, Bryce, Canvas, Combustion, Deep Paint,
Digital Image Pro, Fireworks, GIMP, HyperStudio, imageN, IrfanView,
Microsoft Expression, Painter, Photo House, PhotoBrush, PhotoDeluxe,
PhotoDraw, PhotoExpress, PhotoImpact, Photoline, PhotoPaint, PhotoPlus,
Picture Publisher, Plugin Commander Light, Plugin Commander Pro, QFX/LE,
Serif PhotoPlus, SigmaPi NiGulp, Ultimate FX, Ultimate Paint, VCW Vicman's
Photo Editor, and XnView.
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/comp.graphics.apps.gimp/2zL3JFsmNa0

Country
unitedstates
i guess i did know, just forgot since i was involved in that post. It does not work with pdn though.:confused: