1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P3D v3 Global AI Ship Traffic FSX and P3D

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by KL791, 1 Apr 2016.

1. thokle

thokle

germany
    Will you compile all the models as P3D v4 native? Lockheed Martin recommends it to prevent the sim from crashing.

2. KL791

KL791

denmark
    Yes, but it will unfortunately not be right now. Real world duties make it impossible to take the time until mid July. THere is also an issue with light effects which do not display. I might however be able to upload a simple patch this weekend.
    For the moment I recommend to remove the AI_Calypso folder from the simobject/boats . This ship was compiled for FS9 and include an animation which effectively causes a crash. A couple of other models might have display issues but do not cause a crash. We are investigating.

3. thokle

thokle

germany
    Thanks! All right, take your time. :)
    Finally a lot of boat traffic in combination with good addon sceneries without an out of memory. :D

4. Lagaffe

Lagaffe

france
    JP "Penz" Pedersen, thokle and KL791 like this.
  5. Ronald

Ronald Resource contributor

Aaah the Calypso, that sea-explorer boat brings back good childhood memories !

6. Ripcord

Ripcord

us-texas
    I can hear the John Denver song playing in my head. Probably I just need more coffee, still quite early here.

7. KL791

KL791

denmark
    Marc L, EDDT-Sebi, thokle and 3 others like this.
  8. KL791

KL791

denmark
    thokle, EDDT-Sebi and Marc L like this.
  9. EDDT-Sebi

EDDT-Sebi

germany
    Big Thanks

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

10. Streichholz

Streichholz

germany
    So do I understand this right that v1 should be installed and v2 on the top of it and it works with 0 issues in P3D v4?

thokle likes this.
  11. KL791

KL791

denmark
    Sorry for late reply - now there are two files Global AI SHip Traffic V1 which should be installed first and 200 AI Ships and AI Ship Traffic V2 which should be installed on top. The second add 200 new ships and routes and corrects issues regards to P3Dv4 in the main package Global AI Ship Traffic V1.

Meanwhile a few news for next update... A french request made me do the French and Morocan Floreal class frigate:

[​IMG]

The french navy Panther is provided by Bernard Juniot, who also previously supplied a Puma for the Foudre class model.

[​IMG]

French Mariners

[​IMG]

The Morocan version

[​IMG]

Ready for night landing on the F731 Prairial
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ripcord and EDDT-Sebi like this.
  12. KL791

KL791

denmark
    Next up the Norwegian Royal Yacht KS Norge - still some way to go.

[​IMG]

Ripcord and JP "Penz" Pedersen like this.
  13. Ronald

Look great Henrik. May I ask How much time do you spend / model on average (due to the detailed nature of some examples)?

14. KL791

KL791

denmark
    It is a good question - somewhere between 20 and 40 hours. I do a lot of intercontinental flights (as passenger) and if it is a day flight I can be working 8-10 hours without too many distractions - that can do half a model. Often the most time consuming are the boats where I have no decent drawings and have to guess proportions from images or youtube videos - and some ships like the Floreal class have had considerable modifications over time, so pictures from different epoques can be confusing. I probably have to add that I always go after AI style ships so I do take some shortcuts to speed up the process, but also to keep FPS at a decent level.

bina likes this.
  15. KL791

KL791

denmark
    A few test images...

First the Combat Boat 90 here in Norwegian version:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And then the Floreal class frigate Prairial performing diplomatic visit in Rio...

[​IMG]

and her sister Ventose with a Panther on the deck

[​IMG]

manschy, David Hilker and EduHir like this.
  16. Ronald

Thanks for the numbers Henrik. Great to see how you have turned "passenger flight time" into "ship model building time".