1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gmax / 3d max - Coordinates Script...

Discussion in 'Tools programming' started by VADS, 28/4/07.

1. VADS

VADS

southafrica
    I have something that I've began to wonder on...

would there be a way to make gmax / 3d max display coordinates or an aircraft icon in the design window of gmax or 3d max via fsupic or Fsconnect? with the form of a gmax / 3d max script?

i've seen all sorts of clever scripts for gmax / 3d max yet have always wondered if it would be possible to create such a script / plugin to allow the display of coordinates

anyway any pointers welcome

Gareth
    Vads
    Virtual Aerospace Design South Africa
    http://vadsa.50webs.org/index.html
  2. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    Hi Gareth,

I am not sure if that is really useful. The coordinates you can read with FSUIPC or SimConnect are latitudes and longitudes. While in GMax you are working in a completely different coordinate system (XYZ in meters). So we are not talking about the same coordinates here.

You could convert the lat/lon values to XY if you know the position of the reference point. It is a simple flat earth projection.
  3. PakMac

PakMac

england
    I have been thinking along the lines of a program that would read the AFCAD/ADE files and create a Max script file that would draw lines in GMAX, ideal then for lofting out taxiways and center lines.

NOTE for Jon:

Would it be possible to have a switch in SDE/ADE that allows you to have the coordinates output as a bias from the Airport Refence Point?

David
    CanUK Scenery