1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GMax Animation Manager broken (FSX)?

Discussion in 'Modeling' started by Simon853, 12/2/07.

1. Simon853

Simon853

I'm trying to use the Animation Manager in GMax to animate my propellors, but the dialog seems visually corrupted and programmatically unresponsive.

I can select the animation from the list, enter start and end frames, but clicking Create does nothing, (the button icon doesn't even depress), and the Object Anims list doesn't get added to.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks,

Si
  2. N2056

N2056

unitedstates
    Did you select the part to apply the animation to before opening the animation manager?
  3. Simon853

Simon853

Yes, I did. I think the dialog is broken, perhaps by some underlying Windows component problem. The drop-down menu in the dialog (for animation names) doesn't work right, and most of the icons are drawn out of place, not redrawn after a selection, etc. I think I'm just going to have to try it on a different PC and hope that whatever's broken on this one isn't so on the other.

Regards,

Si
  4. fitzgeba

fitzgeba

unitedstates
    The Fix

THE FIX:

i had this for the longest time but finally found the fix for it !!! her's what fixed mine ...

open Gmax or 3DSMax for that matter , click CUSTOMIZE , Click CONFIGURE PATHS , click the PLUGINS tab, click ADD ,
    [ I left the label as new entry], For Gmax ; browse to : C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Modeling SDK\FSX_GmaxGamePack

and click USE PATH . close Gmax and re-start , Et Walla

Simply goto the 3DSM7 or 3DSM9 folders instead of the FSX GmaxGamepack folder if your a 3dsMax user
  5. Dave Carroll

Dave Carroll

us-pennsylvania
    Sticky Buttons in Animation Manager

I am running both gmax and 3dsmax7 on a Vista operating system in order to upgrade my FS9 models for FSX.
    In both gmax and 3dsmax the roll-out for the animation manager (same scripts) may be imperfectly formed (some operating system or script bug). As a consequence the "create" and "delete" click spots may not be aligned on the button itself but rather on the very edge. In my case, they were on or slightly off the edge and the click spot tolerance was very small (.003 inch or less). The mouse must be carefully moved around the edges until the tool tip pops up in order to find the "spot". All other aspects of the tools seem to be as advertised if the SDK installation instructions are followed explicitly.
    I hope this note saves somebody the many hours it took me to figure it out!
    Cheers,
    Dave Carroll